Stupid f****** forum

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Now I've (hopefully) got your attention, can I be added to what ever I need to be added to so I can actually post something here without it logging me out or saying it's spam. I've only asked about 10 times over the last year.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I can't post links or pictures using IE????????

Slow, flaky ... it took me almost ten minutes to edit this post ...

... dunno what's going on but its the worst forum (in an interactive sense) I have ever participated.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have returned to this forum, after a few weeks away enjoying the Summer.

Sadly every time that I now try and post a comment on the WHF Film forum, I get told that I have triggered the spam filter. Even editing the posts, to remove sections of the text, yields no improvement - the spam filter still rejects the post. I then follow the instructions, and submit a report to the automated spam filter - but nothing has improved by the next day.

If my hair was longer, I would be pulling it out in frustration.

drummerman said:

... dunno what's going on but its the worst forum (in an interactive sense) I have ever participated.

That's strange. Yes, there have been documented issues with IE in the past, but I haven't faced any.

expat_mike said:
I have returned to this forum, after a few weeks away enjoying the Summer.

Sadly every time that I now try and post a comment on the WHF Film forum, I get told that I have triggered the spam filter. Even editing the posts, to remove sections of the text, yields no improvement - the spam filter still rejects the post. I then follow the instructions, and submit a report to the automated spam filter - but nothing has improved by the next day.

If my hair was longer, I would be pulling it out in frustration.

Looks like you missed the period when the forum was hit with hundreds of spam threads within a short space of time when the mods decided to relax the filter strictness. So now it's back up to highest security level.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
drummerman said:

That's strange. Yes, there have been documented issues with IE in the past, but I haven't faced any.

It allowed me to post a link this morning, no idea how/why so when I tried again to post one under 'songs/tracks of today' it reverted back to not functioning. The window asking me post the URL (and other options, Anchor name etc.) pops up. Inserting a link results in nothing when trying to finish by pressing 'ok'. Not even the 'cancel' option works. Instead I have to go back.

I shouldn't really be surprised but this is just pants.

I don't want to change my browser!

dtmark

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is with the underlying software. This isn't the only forum with this issue.

If you click the icon to insert a picture, a pop-up appears which is actually a layer "overlay". In other words it isn't a new browser window but a hidden page section which is then made visible.

The Save and Cancel buttons don't work. If you then click the X to close the layer popup, nothing happens, so you lose whatever you were working on "behind it".

I get this with another forum I participate in and the problem affects both IE11 and Edge so it could be a Microsoft browser issue.

However on the other forum you can put the post box into Plain Text mode and use the tags to insert an image to get around it.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
Anyone else experiencing the forum bouncing all over the place courtesy of the LG adds at the top?

Very annoying 
It can give as much as 8 sporadic jumps, which means that I keep selecting the wrong thing, using my iPad. Grrrrrr!

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:
Yep, I keep selecting the wrong thing, I'm going to have to learn to wait for it to stop bobbing around, still not happy about it though!

That's why I have javascipt swiched off (with "noscript"). There's none of that twiching and jumping when it's off, and you don't need it to read this forum. When you do want to write something, just toggle it on.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Keeps jumping around for me on iPad mini. This was sorted a while back but seems to have come back.

also, trying to post links to other sites and the hyperlink option now disappears under the website header and you have to scroll down but then it won't let you paste a link into the url box. Very frustrating and why is this site not working despite it now released for nearly a year! Doesn't anyone test the site by the developers before it is released?

John M

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I suspect that most like me use a tablet to browse the site. The stats from my own 2 web sites indicate the majority of visitors use a tablet most being iPads. This site has no zoom pinch function which would be helpful to tablet/phone users, usually set in the back end somewhere. Clicking on the correct smiley is almost impossible due to not being able to zoom for example.

Adding a picture is the most Heath Robinson thing I've seen....like you need a url to insert into a box which when I've tried to use often failed due to being....... well Heath Robinson. Like you take a picture of a plug or something then you have to upload it to another site then this one.....rather prehistoric! The other few forums I use, you just upload a picture from your pic or device as long as it's under a certain size.

Come on What TF Hifi *nea*

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
John M said:
I suspect that most like me use a tablet to browse the site. The stats from my own 2 web sites indicate the majority of visitors use a tablet most being iPads. This site has no zoom pinch function which would be helpful to tablet/phone users, usually set in the back end somewhere. Clicking on the correct smiley is almost impossible due to not being able to zoom for example.

Adding a picture is the most Heath Robinson thing I've seen....like you need a url to insert into a box which when I've tried to use often failed due to being....... well Heath Robinson. Like you take a picture of a plug or something then you have to upload it to another site then this one.....rather prehistoric! The other few forums I use, you just upload a picture from your pic or device as long as it's under a certain size.

Come on What TF Hifi *nea*

Welcome to WHFS&V. *preved*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts