Streamlining with a Cyrus Streamline

johnnyr1970

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Looking to move house and would like to simplify my hi-fi setup so as to look neater (and accomodate my home cinema in the same room).

Pondering the sale of the Sonos ZP90, Rega Brio-R, MF M1-DAC and MF X-10v3 and replacing it all with a Cyrus Streamline - effectively converting 4 differently shaped boxes into 1 neat box.

I expect that there will be slight reduction in sound quality and can accept that - can anyone help me make a decision on this? Am I making a mistake or will the neater solution compensate for the SQ change?

Thoughts appreciated.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This is a hard one to advise on.

If you prefer the sound, it's a wise move; and if not, it isn't. The Brio will sound different to the Cyrus, which might sound a little analytical with the Tannoys. Can you give it a listen.....at the end of the day, it's the only way.

I have heard the Streamline, and it sounded well with Kef R Series / Linn Majik speakers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Success in hifi is all about the synergy of the system, and personal taste.....nobody can tell you with any certainty what you will like, before you've heard it.

It's possible that a consolidation may only work along with different speakers; on the other hand you may love the combination....just listen to it for long enough, with a variety of music, to make sure of your decision.

It's also worth remembering that Linn and Naim also do one box solutions.

Don't rush your decision and check out all your options.

Cno

matthewpiano

I had a relatively brief listen to, and play with, a Cyrus Streamline and Tannoy DC6Ts the other day. The detail levels and clarity of the sound were superb but it definitely leaned a little too far towards the slightly bright and anaemic side for me. I felt it was probably a synergy issue and with a fuller sounding speaker I think the Cyrus electronics would be incredible. Likewise, powered by fuller sounding electronics I think the speakers would have been excellent.

The Streamline was surprisingly nice to use. Very responsive and easy to navigate despite the lack of a colour screen and artwork (which I am used to on my SBT). I would certainly consider one in the future.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Although the screen on the streamline is in mono and has no art work, the N remote does show the album artwork and is in colour. You have to listen for yourself, it is a cracking piece of kit IMHO.

johnnyr1970

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all, actually went with an Arcam Solo Neo which was a better match for the Tannoys' sound (for me anyway).

Realised I've compromised a little but after 20 years of having all this different looking kit hanging around the house (and the usual collection of wires) it's actually quite nice having one thing that does almost everything and I can always add a power amp later as an upgrade if required (or when the upgrade bug gets me!).

matthewpiano

Good choice. Well built, great sound and I would imagine it is a very good match for your Tannoys. I doubt there is much compromise there and, as you say, there is always the option of adding an Arcam power amp later on. Enjoy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts