streaming

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Easy-peasy:

Connect i-device to the Denon via a standard Apple dock connector to USB cable.

Download Spotify app. Buy Spotify Premium (£10 per month). Stream away.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
HDNumpty said:
Easy-peasy:

Connect i-device to the Denon via a standard Apple dock connector to USB cable.

What part of "samsung tablet" didn't make sense to you? He doesn't have an "i-device", he has an Android device.

Easiest way is simply a cable from the headphone socket to the aux in on the Denon. It's not the *neatest* way but it's definitely the easiest...

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
The part of my brain that didn't see 'Samsung'? But still no need for a response like that.

No easy answer to this, I think essentially you have the wrong all-in-one system for this, or the wrong tablet/device. You would need to swop out the Denon for an Onkyo with built-in streaming facilities, OR change your device to Apple and using USB as above. Selling the Denon and buying the Onkuo is probably the cheapest option.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
HDNumpty said:
The part of my brain that didn't see 'Samsung'? But still no need for a response like that.

His entire post was 19 words, two of which were "hi" and "thanks" and you didn't bother to read it carefully enough to spot the word "Samsung", how much sympathy do you think you actually deserve? Your reply was less than useless.

No easy answer to this, I think essentially you have the wrong all-in-one system for this, or the wrong tablet/device. You would need to swop out the Denon for an Onkyo with built-in streaming facilities, OR change your device to Apple and using USB as above. Selling the Denon and buying the Onkuo is probably the cheapest option.

That's extraordinary, the DM39 has digital and analog inputs and you think the cheapest and easiest option is to sell everything and buy completely different kit? And people think *I* take the EDITED? :wall:

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Now now... Phono to 3.5mm jack is the easiest and cheapest way.. Phono to Line out dock (i'm not sure what samsungs are like on the line out but may be available) will be second cheapest and will create better quality as (on the ipod/pad/phone anyway) it bypasses the internal amp..

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Whatever. If you can do better do, don't spend your time calling other forum members. EDITED BY MODS - Please do not insult other members

tosh

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Sorry folks,did'nt mean to cause any bother. Thanks for the help. I should have Said it Was wireless I was after. Its a samsung galaxy tab 2 with wifi to dm39. Already have spotify premium.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
No bother Tosh - but no doubt you now have a very dim view of this forum being populated (at least some of the time) by rather sad, lonely individuals who need to get their kicks from belittling and insulting other members who are only trying to help.

I know I do

Maybe a trip to a good dealer for some proper advice?

dragon76

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Was sort of dissapointed to see that kind of level of discussion. Since Samsung cannot be digitally connected as an iDevice, it should be used via Bluetooth. One device that I can think of is Arcam RBlink apt-x dac. Also, Qed U Play, which is cheaper. It should work well with your setup. Maybe there are some other devices out there, but Arcam and Qed immediately came to my mind.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Quite. My suggestion wasn't that unreasonable (once I had read the post sober :) ). The problem is by the time you have bought some sort of wireless or bluetooth streaming unit to plug into the Denon 39, you'll have spent £60-100 improving a £200 head unit. It would cost as much to sell the Denon head unit and buy an Onkyo equivalent with DNLA, Spotify and Airplay (for any future purchases) built-in.

You could keep your speakers, tablet etc.

TRENDING THREADS