Streaming: choosing a media controller app

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have recently switched from Mac-DAC-Hifi setup to streaming. My Mac now runs Asset UPnP, I have a Pioneer N30 network player and am using an iPad to control. This has freed up the Mac Mini for other (non music) uses.

The Pioneer iOS app, ControlApp, is appalling so I have been looking at others. Here is some brief feedback so far. I am hoping somebody can point me towards another iOS app that I haven't found yet.

Plugplayer: Costs £3 but crashes repeatedly and seems to forget to the N30 media renderer. Will get a refund from Apple.

Media:connect: Free (with ads) & paid versions available. Can't seem to make it connect to the N30, but will keep trying.

Kinsky: Really good but only plays 1 track at a time, I suppose this is because I don't have Linn hardware.

8player: Seems to work ok but I really don't like the interface, not wife friendly!

Sitecom: Seems ok but again only plays 1 track at a time so is no use.

Creation5: Crashed a few times, won't connect to N30 and interface is confusing.

So I am a little disappointed by all of these, especially Pioneers own app. I knew it was bad, but its REALLY bad.

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Crocodile, but I found that thread already. After some searching I found an app that looks decent called mconnect. It comes in free and paid for versions. Seems stable, so I will be putting it through its paces tonight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts