Streaming audio from an iPhone 4S to a 2011 Mac Mini

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Can this be done? You'd think it could: complimentary devices made by the same manufacturer and all that. I thought I'd found the answer with AirMusic, but it looks like I wasted £2 because AirMusic seems to recognise every device in God's universe except a Mac. (My fault I should properly have researched it.)

I think what I possibly need is some app running on the Mac so the phone sees it as a bluetooth headset, like it does with my car stereo. It shouldn't be impossible: the Mac has BlueTooth to start with.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Meh...if that's the case then I probably won't bother. It was just a passing whim the other night when I was browsing Radio 2 iPlayer on my phone and I found a programme I wanted to listen to. My Mac Mini was already switched on because I'd been listening to iTunes on it, and seeing that my phone is already paired wirelessly with iTunes to start with, it's one of those things I kind of expected could just 'be done'.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You are a genius. I tried that Airfoil because it seemed to have the higher satisfaction rating on various sites and it works a treat. Just been sat there for a few good hours trawling through BBC Radio iPlayer pages and listening to some shows, all from the comfort of my chair. Isn't technology wonderful when it works! 8) Have one of these :cheers:

rjb70stoke

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Happy Days.

Ive been using Rogue Amoeba software for ages now, none of it as ever been anything less than easy to use and reliable.

Audio HiJack Pro is excellent also.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts