Streamer for Plinius 9200

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to add a music streamer to my current setup composing of an Plinius 9200 amplifier, Pioneer PD-S703 CD player, PMC OB1i speakers.

I currently use my phone to stream Spotify or Tidal through a bluetooth adaptor connected to my amp through a 3.5mm cable to phono. I feel the sound is lacking and i'm not getting my most out of my system.

I have a budget of £1,000 to spend on a streamer or i'm open to alternative ways to stream music.

I also have a Chord mojo sitting around, could I use this in anyway ?

Recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tsaoandy

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to add a music streamer to my current setup composing of an Plinius 9200 amplifier, Pioneer PD-S703 CD player, PMC OB1i speakers.

I currently use my phone to stream Spotify or Tidal through a bluetooth adaptor connected to my amp through a 3.5mm cable to phono. I feel the sound is lacking and i'm not getting my most out of my system.

I have a budget of £1,000 to spend on a streamer or i'm open to alternative ways to stream music.

I also have a Chord mojo sitting around, could I use this in anyway ?

Recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi
I don't like adaptors, they get in the way.
I have heard Cambridge sound in the past, but I haven't heard the Cambridge DAC 200M, it's pretty good value for being very versatile, you might want to check it out, it comes with bluetooth and it accepts Tidals' MQA files, as I haven't heard Chord Mojo either but read some positive reviews so I guess it's a decent DAC, personally I believe whether or not you are using a streamer, DAC is part of the chain anyway, so better quality the analogue output on the DAC, better the sound.
I owned Plinius 8200 mk2 before, I was very close to upgrading to 9200, I really like Plinius but they are too expensive the current amps.
Andy

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Blusound node 2i is well within budget. However you could in theory buy a relatively inexpensive streamer an hook it up through the mojo as long as it does what you want and has an optical output

insider9

OP, since you already have Mojo I would actually hook it up to a laptop. Setup Daphile running off a USB stick and try that before you spend any money.

Streamers are a minefield in my opinion. Hard to get a good combo of amazing software and hardware. Usually one is lacking. And spending a grand on something new not knowing all the pitfalls may be a rash decision.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts