Strange CD player issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

That sound like they know there's certain number of players that will have this issue but decided to keep quiet. Probably hoping that most people will only play CDs and not SACDs, so will never find out. It's one way to do it :)

As long as they sort it out with the least convenience I wouldn't mind.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
That sound like they know there's certain number of players that will have this issue but decided to keep quiet. Probably hoping that most people will only play CDs and not SACDs, so will never find out. It's one way to do it :)

As long as they sort it out with the least convenience I wouldn't mind.
well Oppo didn’t stop playing the sacds but did miss sound random now and again so that’s not perfect

I only have 2 sacds but pointless if your got a player that’s capable of playing sacds that doesn’t play them very well and the Yamaha CD player plays CDs perfect it’s just the sacds that’s the problem .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
iMark said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
but the service centre did say that the player only needs the firmware update because of the problem with sacd playback issue and normally if there is no issues they do not update them only when there is a problem so what ever software that Yamaha put on theses players from the factory is normally ok but Yamaha release new versions of firmware now and again on the high end CD players only but jo public do not get to do there own firmware updates because sometimes they are not needed so the Yamaha service centres do the firmware when the product comes in with a problem they check the firmware .

That makes sense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I downloaded and installed a firmware update for our Yamaha R-N602. But that was an update with extra functionality, not because there was a hardware issue.

The problem with the CD-S2100 seems a very different one. They may want you to come into a service centre to check that the problem can be solved with a firmware update and there is not another problem. It's very annoying when expensive equipment goes wrong. But at least it can be fixed. It still is a waste of time.
I agree if it’s not broken then pointless updating the firmware on the player but it would of been easier for Yamaha to release a firmware patch for sacds if they knew there might be a problem but there is more then 1 firmware software as the CD player is capable of different things like DSD , sacd , cd , file sharing from your desktop so you could use the CD player like a streamer it is a very good CD player that does quite a lot of different things .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts