STR-DG820 receiver - Lack of stock in the uk!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I've been trying for 2-3 weeks to buy the new Sony receiver with absolutely no success, it seems there is none in the uk atall as ive tried everywhere! I have come accross an explanation as to why this is but not sure if it's true or correct like most of the stuff on the net... So what i've been told is that there is a problem with the Sky HD audio, it is sent in stereo when sound is pumped through HDMI where as its sent in 5.1 via the digital optical connector. The problem seems to be that the receiver can't use the 2 connectors at the same time. Sony are apparantly working on a solution but it's not ready yet! If you know different to me or have another explanation then post it on the forum, i'd love to know what's going on as having to wait indefinately may see me get a different receiver!!

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Thakyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!! You were the only people i could think of that may have an answer for me and you didn't disappiont, even Sony didn't have any answers for me on this one...can't thank you enough. Nick Guy. Avid reader of What Hi-FI.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Just a quick question so with all the problems with the DG820 is there an alternative at similar price & features or is it a case of onkyo 606 or Denon 1909 as a (more expensive) alternative? I really want to upgrade to HD audio as my old Denon 1507 is now the weak link in my system. I have PS3, Sony KDL32p3020 t.v, Kef 1001 6.1 speakers. Many thanks
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts