STR-DA2400ES connection from SKY+

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've got an STR-DA2400ES, a SKY HD box which will connect through HDMI and I'll be adding a SKY+ box which although will be used to transmit a second RF SKY signal around the house, I may as well connect it through to the TV via the 2400.

What is the best way to connect the SKY+ box to the 2400? Obviously it has to be either the SCART or S-Vid, but what's the best to convert it to at the amp side? The sound will be connected via optical.

Thanks!

Craig

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave, I was looking at this exact cable a few hours ago, however, it does say;

NOTE: This cable is not currently suitable for NTL, Telewest & Freeview Digiboxes as well as Sky and SkyPlus. Please ensure your equipment can output COMPONENT VIDEO SIGNALS (YUV) VIA THE SCART CONNECTION otherwise the cable won't work.
Is this because the Sky+ boxes don't output Component? Although I thought it did through the "VCR" scart socket?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You would need an RGB SCART to Component converter e.g. QED, JS-Technology or Keene.co.uk. That cable mentioned above will only work on equipment that can output YpBpR over SCART e.g. Topfield PVR. The Sky box can only output composite (PAL) or RGB.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts