Storing Record collection on laptop

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Firstly I will say hi as i,m new to the forum, my question I would like to store my record collection onto my laptop, I am aware there are laptops out there such as the numark which comes with a USB connection but I am not totally convinced by the qaulity this may produce, I would prefer to use a qaulity turntable instead if I proceed with this route how would I connect my laptop to my hifi to store the records.

Thanks Rag

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hello, and welcome on board!

Do you already have said quality turntable? If so, we'd suggest Terratec's iVinyl - an excellent USB phono preamp we found excellent for LP archiving (five-star rated, Feb 2007).

If you are currently turntable-less, a fantastic step up from the Numark/Ion USB decks is Pro-ject's Debut III USB (£210), reviewed in our current, December issue (hurry - only on sale until Wednesday...). The Pro-ject is a great turntable for the money with all the laptop connectivity and conversion you'll need.

We're also writing a feature on archiving analogue sources in our February 2008 issue, out January 10th.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare thanks for the quick response, I am yet to purchase a turntable however I have just looked at Project turnstable they look a lot better than the numark, I will buy this months mag and do some research thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts