stock powercables, freebie interconnects and qed 79 strand.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 188516

Yes, really.

I did get a discount on a Pioneer plasma I bought years ago, and each time I bought Arcam power amps - but the price was still greater than I could have got online. I wanted the reassurance of a proper demo. so I tried to treat the dealership in a way I'd be happy to be treated myself. Can't go wrong in life that way.

+1.

Reactions: 12th Monkey
D

Deleted member 188516

I was going to ask how you chose your user name...

:)

Clearly others didn't do as we did then, as the shops I am referring to are no longer there. I view paying a little more under these circumstances as trying to ensure they are there in future so I can do the same again if need arises. Alas it didn't work.

exactly the high streets dying but the likes of mr amazon are getting a lot lot richer...

Jimboo

Yes and using the internet as a stick to beat down there price is obviously helpful .

"I have demoed stuff and used the online world as a haggling tool "

"I view paying a little more under these circumstances as trying to ensure they are there In future"
:)
Which is it ? You pay more even though you haggle. Or as you posted later, you knocked down there profit margin and alas they are no longer there?
"Hoist with his own petard". I fancy. This from the man who cried it isn't about winning, mmm ?

I bought my stuff online from a dealer who still has his shop. It was the best deal for 300 miles. The original dealer let me demo something that wasn't in stock , something they wouldn't let me return unless faulty and didn't offer an extended warranty. They are still open.
My Tacima block neither improved or degraded my eventual systems sound .

Hardly. A haggling tool and a stick to beat them are not the same - I didn't demand anything, just asked if they could get anywhere nearer online pricing. I have also asked for discounts, not got them and gone ahead and paid full price.

I have warned you about making this personal, and I mean it. I have no interest in arguing with you about what you want to see as my failings and hypocrisies. Anything else of a personal nature will be flagged for the moderators.

Jimboo

So, freebie interconnects are pretty much the same no?
I wonder, if most manufacturers use the same cables to "give away' with their products then presumably they are
A. Perfectly suitable
B. They ain't but the manufacturers promise of their own separate design cable is a carrot to a donkey
C. We are mugs?

D

Deleted member 108165

A, always A for me.
Many people believe B.
C, plenty of those around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts