Stereo Sound - Onkyo 609

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
new to this - but just purchased Onkyo 609 with intentions of connecting 5.1 speakers but currently only want to have stereo music from existing ceiling mounted stereo speakers (5.1 speakers still be decided). Which speaker channels should i use, i have two sets of speakers, in different rooms.

Was thinking, 1 set connected to 7.1 channel and the other to Zone 2 or maybe front left & right! views?

I will be using the Stereo Listening Mode.

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
sadkowski said:
new to this - but just purchased Onkyo 609 with intentions of connecting 5.1 speakers but currently only want to have stereo music from existing ceiling mounted stereo speakers (5.1 speakers still be decided). Which speaker channels should i use, i have two sets of speakers, in different rooms.

Was thinking, 1 set connected to 7.1 channel and the other to Zone 2 or maybe front left & right! views?

I will be using the Stereo Listening Mode.

One set of speakers connected to the main front left and right terminals, the other set to the springclip terminals for Zone 2.

A

Anonymous

I just purchased an Onkyo TX-NR 609 as well. I've connected my cable box and my dvd player to the indicated HDMI inputs, and ran an HDMI cable from the HDMI out to my Olevia tv. Wonderful, except I cannot hear the tv (or a dvd) through the tv's own speakers, so I cannot watch tv without the receiver being on. I read all the instructions, changed the settings for "HDMI Through", and even set the "Audio Out", which shut off my main speakers but did not send sound through the tv. I had it working when I first set it up, briefly, but something changed. I have done a full reset to the factory settings on the 609. No luck. What am I missing?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts