Stereo-Solid state only - Preamp -Poweramp combo's upto $4000

D

Deleted member 160668

This is almost the same as a recent thread. Is this a question because you have 4k to spend. Otherwise this thread is just a waste of everyone's time

Reactions: RoA
Sadly, the current level of pricing suggests that this price point is more the region for higher quality integrated amps than pre-power combinations.
ATC, Hegel, Primare, Lyngdorf, Moonriver, Yamaha, Marantz etc all make very nice integrated models for around £/$4,000 but I can think of no relevant pre-powers.

I would have to agree with @nopiano, there is little if anything currently made within your budget unless you look at second hand items.
Pre \ Power combos are still made but tend to be in a higher price bracket.
Companies like Audiolab might be worth a look as I believe they still make pre \ Power combos but whether buying a number of boxes rather than an integrated at this price point is difficult to say.
In fact when I look again there are plenty of companies, like Naim, still making them but again outside of your budget
Another of note is Musical Fidelity but their M6 pre \power is also going to be over your budget.
Rotel make pre power combos that may just be in your price bracket but not knowing where in the world you are it is difficult to say without knowing local pricing and I can only refer to UK pricings
Some American firms like NuForce and Parasound still make them I believe but I have no experience of these.

Last edited:

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Keces Audio and Denafrips make interesting and well reviewed Pre/Power amps. There are many others.

Pre Power products will not disappear but there are very good integrated amplifiers too.

Too many options to list but good luck with your 4k.

rainsoothe

Besides what's already been mentioned, I think Nad and Rogue Audio have pre-power in that price range. I also read a review in stereophile about a US brand called Akitika that sell kit pre and power amps (you build them yourself, but they can also assemble them for you at a cost). I think 4k usd can also fetch Naim 202 200 pre power combo on the sh market.

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Besides what's already been mentioned, I think Nad and Rogue Audio have pre-power in that price range. I also read a review in stereophile about a US brand called Akitika that sell kit pre and power amps (you build them yourself, but they can also assemble them for you at a cost). I think 4k usd can also fetch Naim 202 200 pre power combo on the sh market.
Akitika is a LM3886 based kit.

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I would have to agree with @nopiano, there is little if anything currently made within your budget unless you look at second hand items.
Pre \ Power combos are still made but tend to be in a higher price bracket.
Companies like Audiolab might be worth a look as I believe they still make pre \ Power combos but whether buying a number of boxes rather than an integrated at this price point is difficult to say.
In fact when I look again there are plenty of companies, like Naim, still making them but again outside of your budget
Another of note is Musical Fidelity but their M6 pre \power is also going to be over your budget.
Rotel make pre power combos that may just be in your price bracket but not knowing where in the world you are it is difficult to say without knowing local pricing and I can only refer to UK pricings
Some American firms like NuForce and Parasound still make them I believe but I have no experience of these.
Iam in India.For now Nuforce,Parasound not available. let me move up budget to usd 5000

We unboxed and fired up the new KInki Studio EX-P27 pre amplifier yesterday and are currently using the EX-P27 with the EX-M7 power amplifier. At this price level the EX-P27/EX-M7 is also worth bearing in mind.
you really are going to have to stop these self-promoting threads. Are you going to sh ip this pairing to India for 5000 dollars? :)

you really are going to have to stop these self-promoting threads. Are you going to sh ip this pairing to India for 5000 dollars? :)

Merely highlighting to the OP components which based on my experience punch well above their weight and ones also happen to be at around his budget.

No we're not going to ship abroad. They can be also be bought from Kinki Studio at USD $2898 and $2598 respectively.

Merely highlighting to the OP components which based on my experience punch well above their weight and ones also happen to be at around his budget.

No we're not going to ship abroad. They can be also be bought from Kinki Studio at USD $2898 and $2598 respectively.
understood, so he isn't going to get them f or a budget of 5000 is he, which was a point I was trying to make.

Reactions: andybebbs
D

Deleted member 116933

NAD 368 and NAD 268
IOTA VX SA3 and PA3

No Idea the price on your side of the pond but maybe another one to add to the list

Musical Fidelity M6s PRE / PRX Bundle but then for that price id buy there M6500i intergrated

Reactions: Al ears

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
No Idea the price on your side of the pond but maybe another one to add to the list

Musical Fidelity M6s PRE / PRX Bundle but then for that price id buy there M6500i intergrated
Thank you for the response. MF access is limited in my country. Maybe when i travel to UK in future i can consider.

iam beginning to think the following .

1)If one plays mostly digital streaming (like me) then a network player and power amp makes a good combo that may not need to change for many years.
2)May be its best to wait and build a bigger budget and get the top of the line streamer+integrated amp . This way one does not roll over boxes.

nn_in

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site

Will connect up with you when i travel to UK.

Reactions: MUSICRAFT
Thank you for the response. MF access is limited in my country. Maybe when i travel to UK in future i can consider.

iam beginning to think the following .

1)If one plays mostly digital streaming (like me) then a network player and power amp makes a good combo that may not need to change for many years.
2)May be its best to wait and build a bigger budget and get the top of the line streamer+integrated amp . This way one does not roll over boxes.
agreed, if you are only streaming a separate preamplifier is pointless

Reactions: Tinman1952
understood, so he isn't going to get them f or a budget of 5000 is he, which was a point I was trying to make.

OP upped his budget from USD $4000 to USD $5000. OP didn't say that $5000 was the max or anything along these lines. Hence why I said "at this price level" and subsequently "at around his budget" the EX-P27 @ $2898 and the EX-P7 @ $2598 with a combined price of $5496 are also worth bearing in mind (y)

OP upped his budget from USD $4000 to USD $5000. OP didn't say that $5000 was the max or anything along these lines. Hence why I said "at this price level" and subsequently "at around his budget" the EX-P27 @ $2898 and the EX-P7 @ $2598 with a combined price of $5496 are also worth bearing in mind (y)
I take their budget literally, not 10% over,
that's a dealers thing ... :)

Vincent Kars

What about
2x https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-three-1et400a-stereo-amplifier
and lower the budget to £2,074.00
or skip the pre-amp if you have digital sources only: https://www.rme-audio.de/adi-2-dac.html

TRENDING THREADS