Stereo Amp for Movies

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

I currently run a Rega DAC into a Rega stereo amp for my 2 channel set up but I'm keen to utilise the speakers, Paradigm 20s for watching movies. My question is what is the best way to do this?

Can i connect my DVD and TV with an HDMI with an optical link from DVD to DAC?

Or, is it possible to link in a cheap AVR into the system and add a sub or centre and sub?

Thanks

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Both options are possible.

I have my Blu-ray connected by HDMI to my tv, then the optical output of my tv (or you could use the Blu-ray's digital output) goes to my dacmagic, which serves as a digital signal switch, and from there, the optical output of my dacmagic goes to the optical input of my cdplayer, which does the decoding and that one is then connected to my amp.

My Mede8er media player is connected the same way: HDMI to tv, and again the tv's digital output->dacmagic->cdplayer-> amp.

Just make sure you set the source's digital output to 2 channels.

Works great and I haven't noticed a delay in audio.

If you want to add an avr, you'll need one that has pre-amp outputs. Most budget receivers don't have those.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies and advice.

kevinJ said:
Just make sure you set the source's digital output to 2 channels.

So my DVD player has settings for two channel?

A

Anonymous

John Duncan said:
Welcome to the forum, unheard.

+1 to kevinJ's response. What's your DVD player btw?

I'm working away from home at the moment so not sure exactly, but its a cheap Samsung, seems to do the job okay for now. (until i get the Full HDTV anyway)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts