Stay In Ear Buds with APTX?

Witterings

As per title .... I'm a nightmare with earbuds, generally they fit so badly and fall out but I think this must be the shape of my ears and running / stay in ears may be the answer.

I'm looking for something "reasonable quality" ... they don't need to be the best as it's not for critical listening, the aptx would be great if possible as I quite like listening to youtube music videos and the "sync" without is horrible ... if I can't find that though I'd get a set of full headphones for that use at a later stage.

Budget, I'm not really set, I'd spend more if they have aptx but if not I'm after something at the lower end that sounds half decent as I'd then spend more on full headphones with aptx at a later stage for more critical listening.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

camcroft

I would say it depends what you are using them with if it's a phone does it support aptx
and I am presuming that you are talking about Bluetooth/Wireless earbuds. If so I recommend Cambridge Audio Melomania +1 they can be had from Amazon for £49.99 at the moment and they fit nicely in the ear I have Sony XM3 ones and they stick out too far for my liking.

Last edited:

Witterings

I would say it depends what you are using them with if it's a phone does it support aptx
and I am presuming that you are talking about Bluetooth/Wireless earbuds. If so I recommend Cambridge Audio Melomania +1 they can be has from Amazon for £49.99 at the moment and they fir nicely in the ear I have Sony XM3 ones and they stick out too far for my liking.

I play drums and want to find a way to transmit the sound / music from the consol using an aptx bluetooth transmitter, I've tried it with non aptx headphones and the lag is awful, / unusable.
I'm not sure if it'll be good enough with aptx but I want some stay in ear buds anyway for everyday use so makes sense to try and find some with aptx ..... if not I'll get a spererate set of headphones to try at some stage in the future.

I#
ll take a look at teh Cambridge Audio you suggested and thank you for the reco mmendation. :)

Reactions: camcroft

camcroft

Can't you use wired headphones .No lag I have wired and wireless headphones with all the codecs like aptx but wired headphones of a certain quality will always sound better
lots of drummers wear over ear headphones.

Vincent Kars

it'll be good enough with aptx
No
Although it is a bit hardware depended, SBC (the mandatory BT codec) or ATPX have a latency of approximately 170 ms.
APTX LL (Low Latency) does 34 but is to be replaced by APTX - Adaptive (80 ms)

If you want APTX LL, have a look at senders/receivers for TV as people often suffer with the lip-sync like Avantree senders and headphones

If it must be wireless and latency < 5 ms, have a look at typical pro-gear https://www.shure.com/en-US/perform...whiteboard-digital-wireless-latency-explained

Reactions: Witterings

Witterings

Can't you use wired headphones .No lag I have wired and wireless headphones with all the codecs like aptx but wired headphones of a certain quality will always sound better

Yes and I have for years, it's just trying to get away from the restriction, it's little things like I wear the left earpiece on my right ear so the wire runs along my back out of the way, if I wear them the correct way round the wire gets caught by me left hand / stick and more importantly it's easier to go the fridge and grab a cold one :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Al ears
Yes and I have for years, it's just trying to get away from the restriction, it's little things like I wear the left earpiece on my right ear so the wire runs along my back out of the way, if I wear them the correct way round the wire gets caught by me left hand / stick and more importantly it's easier to go the fridge and grab a cold one :ROFLMAO:
Get someone else to go to the fridge for you?? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts