Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] available to pre-order

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
Hurrah - an answer!

The UK Star Was Blu-ray discs will all have English 6.1 Discrete DTS HD MA soundtracks

Hooray. Big Smile. With it being Discrete is that better than Matrixed?

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
RE: Hot dealsHurrah - an answer!

The UK Star Was Blu-ray discs will all have English 6.1 Discrete DTS HD MA soundtracks

Clare,

If they was Blu-ray discs, what are they now !?

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:
Clare Newsome said:
The UK Star Was Blu-ray discs will all have English 6.1 Discrete DTS HD MA soundtracks.
Hooray. Big Smile. With it being Discrete is that better than Matrixed?

Yup.

At last some good news then, the pre-order is staying - at least for the time being.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
robjcooper said:
RE: Hot deals
Hurrah - an answer!

Clare,

If they was Blu-ray discs, what are they now !?

I was in a hurry to get you all the news! Typo now amended :)

Checpest I've found so far is here: http://www.bee.com/blu-ray/feature-film/science-fiction/star-wars-complete-saga/?utm_source=aw&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=bee&awc=3175_1304838172_9251d88e3474877bbd43a014cd77f8a5

D

Deleted member 2457

Also you can use vouchers from Zavvi and get a discount.

D

Deleted member 2457

Just noticed Amazon have dropped their price too £67.49, don't think they do any discount vouchers though, do they? Hopefully nearer the time we will see alot of people drop their prices by alot, so worth keeping a look out here.

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Remember that Amazon has a pre-order price promise - so if you pre-order anything then the price drops before despatch, they only charge you the lower price.

In fact sometimes they charge your card on early despatch (eg when they send something out a day before it launches so you get it on the launch date) and then refund extra cash to your card if the price drops on the official day of release. I've had this happen a few times :)

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Remember that Amazon has a pre-order price promise - so if you pre-order anything then the price drops before despatch, they only charge you the lower price.

In fact sometimes they charge your card on early despatch (eg when they send something out a day before it launches so you get it on the launch date) and then refund extra cash to your card if the price drops on the official day of release. I've had this happen a few times :)
Ah, you beat me to it
smiley-wink.gif

I've had this as well, a very pleasant surprise.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:

Ditto. Plus I know if there are any issues, I've got Amazon's fantastic customer service to back this up, whereas I could be wrangling for days or even weeks to get a refund / replacement from cheapodvd.co.uk (not a real store
smiley-wink.gif
).

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:

I did wonder what might happen there, if you have already pre-ordered at a higher price at Amazon. Smile

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Tesco now down too £67.49 too, it would be nice for someone too do a realistic price here. Smile

Edit - I am thinking £45.00, is a fair price for the lot.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard said:
£12.99 would be even better.

Big Smile

I really think i might just buy the originals - i am not too sure i will ever watch the other ones, if i can get the lot together cheap though, then i would be much happier. The thought of paying over the odds for something with Ewan McGregor in, is making me feel pretty bad here.

D

Deleted member 2457

Star Wars The Complete Saga Blu-ray now £57.37 at Tesco with this code 15WYS10-1, be quick though the code i think expires tomorrow. Getting closer to £45 now. Smile

D

Deleted member 2457

laserman16 said:
gel said:
New price - £54.39 yeah!, here:

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Blu-ray/format.html?format=filmstv/bluray

Code JSDB1605 - it's on the page where i have link too.

smiley-laughing.gif
Gel, I have visions of you trawling the net everyday looking for the lowest prices for this, almost seems to be a one man crusade.
smiley-laughing.gif

Big Smile, well i am certainly getting a lot happier now, and i am only £9.39 over budget now. Smile. I could perhaps see us getting it cheaper nearer the time, but we will have to see, i will certainly be keeping a look out. Wink. I have had too cancel two pre-orders now. Smile.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
laserman16 said:
gel said:

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Blu-ray/format.html?format=filmstv/bluray

smiley-laughing.gif
Gel, I have visions of you trawling the net everyday looking for the lowest prices for this, almost seems to be a one man crusade.
smiley-laughing.gif

Big Smile, well i am certainly getting a lot happier now, and i am only £9.39 over budget now. Smile. I could perhaps see us getting it cheaper nearer the time, but we will have to see, i will certainly be keeping a look out. Wink. I have had too cancel two pre-orders now. Smile.

Nice one Gel! I for one am very glad you are on a one man crusade to save on the outrageous RRP of the Star Wars set and have just cancelled yet another pre order....so far you have saved me the best part of £15 which is brilliant and makes the price alot easier to justify when, let's face it, i probably won't ever watch the 1st two of those awful prequels lol! Thanks again Gel and keep up the good work
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
laserman16 said:
gel said:

smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Nice one Gel! I for one am very glad you are on a one man crusade to save on the outrageous RRP of the Star Wars set and have just cancelled yet another pre order....so far you have saved me the best part of £15 which is brilliant and makes the price alot easier to justify when, let's face it, i probably won't ever watch the 1st two of those awful prequels lol! Thanks again Gel and keep up the good work
smiley-smile.gif

No probs mate. Wink. I am a lot happier too now, and hopefully Amazon and the other websites will get real now. Amazon are one of the most reactive websites i have seen, hopefully with loads of people now not buying from them, we will see a tumble in prices everywhere.

Then you never know, if the supermarkets do the same again, and with the luck of a code we might hit £45. Big Smile

Cheers mate.

D

Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts