Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] available to pre-order

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
wouldn't be strange for them to have missed off the 'HD' element of the news - i've been dealing with the publicity arms of film companies for years, and mistakes/omissions of a technical nature are very common!

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
wouldn't be strange for them to have missed off the 'HD' element of the news - i've been dealing with the publicity arms of film companies for years, and mistakes/omissions of a technical nature are very common!

Smile. How long do you think we will have too wait? Smile

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well still no news, and I've had enough of waiting for this evening - will pursue and update you all in the morning.... In the meantime, here's the link for the US boxset artwork: http://www.starwars.com/movies/saga/bluraymay4/index.html

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
Well still no news, and I've had enough of waiting for this evening - will pursue and update you all in the morning.... In the meantime, here's the link for the US boxset artwork: http://www.starwars.com/movies/saga/bluraymay4/index.html

It's a pity we can't turn thoses boxsets around. Smile. All i can see is THX on the side of them, the artwork looks very nice though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard said:
gel said:
It's a pity we can't turn thoses boxsets around

Perhaps if you go round the back of your screen...

Big Smile

I have a magnifying glass on my mouse, and i have been zooming in, and trying some twisting and turning but nothing is working.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not that it'd be necessarily relevant if you could see the back of the boxes: remember, they are the US versions; we may get something different here in UK....

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
Not that it'd be necessarily relevant if you could see the back of the boxes: remember, they are the US versions; we may get something different here in UK....

Ah, just been cheking out the Amazon websites, the artwork is on there now too.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Ah, just been cheking out the Amazon websites, the artwork is on there now too.

Yep, but still no tech details :~

How hard can it be, people! These are Oscar-winning sound engineers producing this stuff for the movies yet no-one seems to know/care how that's going to translate to disc? Grr......

D

Deleted member 2457

Well, blu-ray.com is saying Master Audio on the disc information, but whether that is right or not i have no idea.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
Well, blu-ray.com is saying Master Audio on the disc information, but whether that is right or not i have no idea.

Hang on more information from there - but it's unclear whether these 6.1 mixes are matrixed or discrete. What does that mean exactly again?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
Hmmm, Zavvi are listing each trilogy as being available separately, was this previously known or has it now been confirmed?

Previously known, if you are going to buy from Zavvi i will try and find a voucher for you, there has been a couple kicking around, should get you upto £7.00 off. I will see what i can find for people.

D

Deleted member 2457

Okay i found one, not 100% sure it works, but here it is ZTENLTD - should get you 10% off an order, do the £69.99 get for £63.00, same price i have got mine for at present.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Hmmm, Zavvi are listing each trilogy as being available separately, was this previously known or has it now been confirmed?

Yep, we told you that on January 6th (see story under yesterday's update)
smiley-cool.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well, the quest for a definitive answer re the DTS soundtrack certainly is turning into a Complete Saga....

Fox UK are now in talks with Lucasfilm. Will bring you update as/when...

In meantime, we do now have UK packaging pictures.... but just front shots, which look exactly the same as the US ones. Grrr......

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ah, marketing departments. They must have been so proud and excited with their web countdown timer, making the annoucement on the 4th May, their Facebook and Twitter share buttons etc. that they forgot the tiny detail of actually preparing to publicise any kind of useful detail that consumers might want to know. You gotta love them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts