Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] available to pre-order

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry am I missing something, firstly the last 3 movies were dire, secondly it's over 7 months away and lastly not really as if the price will not reduce in time even limited edition packaging seems to hang around forever, look at Band of Brothers limited edition tin as an example, still retailing as well as the briefcase inception, price now around £21 and still retailing.
Huge fan of the movies but not in a real hurry to own three films that are nearly 30 years old on day of release.

mcjwalters:Sorry am I missing something, firstly the last 3 movies were dire, secondly it's over 7 months away and lastly not really as if the price will not reduce in time even limited edition packaging seems to hang around forever, look at Band of Brothers limited edition tin as an example, still retailing as well as the briefcase inception, price now around £21 and still retailing.
Huge fan of the movies but not in a real hurry to own three films that are nearly 30 years old on day of release.

That's because it's been touted as the most anticipated blu-ray release ever and the release was announced at CES on 6th Jan. You don't have to hurry to pre-order......you can wait until the price comes down. But there will be people wanting to pre-order now.

A

Anonymous

If the showing of Episode 2 at the weekend on ITV HD is anything to go by, the bd editions will really highlight the cgi backgrounds and film footage integration. In places it was very poor.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:If the showing of Episode 2 at the weekend on ITV HD is anything to go by, the bd editions will really highlight the cgi backgrounds and film footage integration. In places it was very poor.

I might be wrong but I didn't think the new films were shot on film?

D

Deleted member 2457

I am going to wait and see what people think to these and for the deals to kick in.

I see Tesco have them on pre-order to now, the 15% voucher don't seem to be running any more though? Is there another one instead or have they stopped doing that sort of thing now?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Your probably correct. I know it was also probably an upscaled image, it was 16:9 rather than 2.35:1. It just didn't look as good as I expected. It wasn't a softness to the image or a lack of detail. It was more the lighting on the characters in the foreground in relation to the rest of the scene.

D

Deleted member 2457

I got mine on pre-order for £63.00 at Zavvi, i used the voucher Canada gave me, when i bought the Shrek blu ray boxset and bought both at the same time. I had been thinking about cancelling the Star Wars order and just buying the original three but last night i won £48.00 on the lottery, so i am going to use that money too go towards all six.

Should be interesting to hear what soundtrack they will use, no doubt it will be Dolby True High Definition though, anything else would be a surprise for me.

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard said:
Still seems like a lot of money for one decent movie.

Return Of The Jedi?

I think i might well re-think based on the details, we are about to get, i will have to see.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Should be interesting to hear what soundtrack they will use, no doubt it will be Dolby True High Definition though, anything else would be a surprise for me.

The real question is will it be a 7.1 soundtrack (at least on the three most recent films). The extended surround mix is available (interestingly in DTS as well as Dolby mode...)

D

Deleted member 2457

Andrew Everard said:
gel said:
Return Of The Jedi?

No, the first one, whatever it's now called in Lucasspeak.

Really, that is your favourite, i guess you are in the same boat as me then. It is a pity there is no discount vouchers going about on just the Originals, or else i would just buy them. Like i say, i think i will wait and see on these details and then make make a decision, also curious to see what other members on here make of the details.

Cheers mate.

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
gel said:

The real question is will it be a 7.1 soundtrack (at least on the three most recent films). The extended surround mix is available (interestingly in DTS as well as Dolby mode...)

Not sure exactly what you just said there Clare, in DTS? what blu ray or dvd?, do you know the details on the new ones then?

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Gel - The original cinematic release of episodes 1-3 (ie Phantom Menace onwards) was avaialble to cinema with the option of both DTS-ES and Dolby EX mixes, depending on which sound system the cinema had.

This then translated to a Dolby EX soundtrack when the DVDs came out.

Will therefore be interesting to see what the Blu-rays come with. And no, I don't know the details just yet....(but I know people that do!)

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:
Andrew Everard said:
Still seems like a lot of money for one decent movie.

Return Of The Jedi?

Seriously? You think that's better than Empire? More and more I'm convinced you're one of the subtlest trolls I've ever seen gel...

If i was really a troll, don't you think people would have nailed me by now mate? Smile. I currently only own Return Of The Jedi on dvd, and it has always been my favourite - i watched the ending alot as a demo as well for my system. I did own them all on dvd, but sold them for these blu ray releases, but just had to buy R O T J again. Also Princess Leia in that scene, in Jabba's Palace is seriously, seriously hot.

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
Gel - The original cinematic release of episodes 1-3 (ie Phantom Menace onwards) was avaialble to cinema with the option of both DTS-ES and Dolby EX mixes, depending on which sound system the cinema had.

This then translated to a Dolby EX soundtrack when the DVDs came out.

Will therefore be interesting to see what the Blu-rays come with. And no, I don't know the details just yet....(but I know people that do!)

Ah, i got you, did not know that, could well be a few surprises here then - perhaps.

Cheers mate.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts