Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] available to pre-order

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:[Oh for goodness sake, it isn't saying much but III's easily the best of the new films, it's the only one with any real darkness in it They are 5 & 10, what do they need darkness for? Having the hero turn (somewhat unconvincingly) into a baddie maybe interesting to adults but not what kids are usually up for.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just bought Harry Potter 1-6 on Blu-ray (7 blurays actually) for 16 quid (that's 2 quid each!) . I think I'll wait till Star Wars 1-6 is discounted - probably just in time for Xmas 2011.

Garth Man: It's George Lucas!! The biggest fattest money grabbing ewok there is!!
emotion-2.gif

Nope, the title is held by James Cameron currently.
emotion-5.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
hammill:the_lhc:[Oh for goodness sake, it isn't saying much but III's easily the best of the new films, it's the only one with any real darkness in it They are 5 & 10, what do they need darkness for? Having the hero turn (somewhat unconvincingly) into a baddie maybe interesting to adults but not what kids are usually up for.

Well that kind of illustrates that they're not (just) for kids then doesn't it?

And why shouldn't kids see a little darkness? Watch Watership Down, watch Bambi for goodness sake, darkness aplenty in there and they're "kids" films.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
DandyCobalt:Just bought Harry Potter 1-6 on Blu-ray (7 blurays actually) for 16 quid (that's 2 quid each!) . I think I'll wait till Star Wars 1-6 is discounted - probably just in time for Xmas 2011.

Where was that from? At that price I'd buy them, still haven't seen Half-Blood Prince, or the one before it thinking about it...

the_lhc:DandyCobalt:Just bought Harry Potter 1-6 on Blu-ray (7 blurays actually) for 16 quid (that's 2 quid each!) . I think I'll wait till Star Wars 1-6 is discounted - probably just in time for Xmas 2011.

Where was that from? At that price I'd buy them, still haven't seen Half-Blood Prince, or the one before it thinking about it...

Can't find the offer now, but until the end of 2010, it certainly was available for £17.99.

I'm waiting until the final part is released & the complete boxset is offered at an attractive price around Christmas 2011.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
hammill: They are 5 & 10, what do they need darkness for? Having the hero turn (somewhat unconvincingly) into a baddie maybe interesting to adults but not what kids are usually up for.

For me that was the most disappointing thing about the prequels (more so that jar jar & wooden acting). Anakin's descent into evil was extremely poor. Wanting "order" and to save his girlfriend then to slaying children in the space of a few minutes didn't work even on a cartoon level.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cram:
hammill: They are 5 & 10, what do they need darkness for? Having the hero turn (somewhat unconvincingly) into a baddie maybe interesting to adults but not what kids are usually up for.

For me that was the most disappointing thing about the prequels (more so that jar jar & wooden acting). Anakin's descent into evil was extremely poor. Wanting "order" and to save his girlfriend then to slaying children in the space of a few minutes didn't work even on a cartoon level.

Yeah, it's difficult to disagree with that, but hey, we can't possibly know the power of the dark side or summink...

D

Deleted member 2457

Garth Man:gel:

the_lhc:gel:I only really watch Return Of The Jedi. You don't watch Empire Strikes Back? There really is no (New) Hope for you... Arf! See what I did there?

emotion-1.gif

On occasions but after owning the dvd collection which was and is still very good the only one i seemed to watch in the end was Return Of The Jedi, so i sold the lot for about £25 on ebay (£40 including 1-3, which i agree 3 was easily the best), about the time i got my blu ray player but have since bought Return OF The Jedi again for £5 from HMV.

Still under decided what to do here.

You just got Back To The Future for a great price
emotion-21.gif
, might try and do something similar here.

Cheers

Dude I will be suprised if the Star Wars Bluray boxset will come down in price for at least the first 6 months. It's George Lucas!! The biggest fattest money grabbing ewok there is!!
emotion-2.gif
Once he does then the 3D version will be out, then the Super HD 3D version with extra jedi force edition will be out!!

I would rather have the Indy trilogy personally. But i will be buying the first 3, last three
emotion-7.gif
you know what I mean!!

Yep
emotion-21.gif
i think i will do it that way too, then at a later date if i want the first 3, they are bound to be half priced. Bonus bits i have no interest in it to be honest.

Indy fourth one on blu ray i like it but the sound could be better, i am curious to want exactly he is going to do with these Star Wars, although Star Wars 4-6 always sounded better on dvd than Indy 1-3.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally I'm going to wait and see if the US BD's are region coded before I order as I don't want the cut UK version of EPII ATOC, hopefully in a limited DEATHSTAR packaging would be nice
emotion-4.gif

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:
gel:Indy fourth one on blu ray i like it but the sound could be better

Can't help feeling the sound is the least of its problems...

Oh, I think it has its merits.

emotion-2.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bretty:Ok, mildly warm off the press then. Shut it

If the classic original 3 come on their own, without the awful cgi characters, with excellent picture and sound improvements, I'll be interested, otherwise, not bothered at all

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Andrew Everard:

gel:Indy fourth one on blu ray i like it but the sound could be better

Can't help feeling the sound is the least of its problems...

Oh, I think it has its merits.
emotion-1.gif

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
gel:Garth Man:gel:

the_lhc:gel:I only really watch Return Of The Jedi. You don't watch Empire Strikes Back? There really is no (New) Hope for you... Arf! See what I did there?

emotion-1.gif

On occasions but after owning the dvd collection which was and is still very good the only one i seemed to watch in the end was Return Of The Jedi, so i sold the lot for about £25 on ebay (£40 including 1-3, which i agree 3 was easily the best), about the time i got my blu ray player but have since bought Return OF The Jedi again for £5 from HMV.

Still under decided what to do here.

You just got Back To The Future for a great price
emotion-21.gif
, might try and do something similar here.

Cheers

Dude I will be suprised if the Star Wars Bluray boxset will come down in price for at least the first 6 months. It's George Lucas!! The biggest fattest money grabbing ewok there is!!
emotion-2.gif
Once he does then the 3D version will be out, then the Super HD 3D version with extra jedi force edition will be out!!

I would rather have the Indy trilogy personally. But i will be buying the first 3, last three
emotion-7.gif
you know what I mean!!

Yep
emotion-21.gif
i think i will do it that way too, then at a later date if i want the first 3, they are bound to be half priced. Bonus bits i have no interest in it to be honest.

Indy fourth one on blu ray i like it but the sound could be better, i am curious to want exactly he is going to do with these Star Wars, although Star Wars 4-6 always sounded better on dvd than Indy 1-3.

I agree dude, apart from the film being rubbish!! The sound wasn't
what I expected either.....nor the stupid monkey (sorry shia labeouf
) swinging through the trees!!

Roll on Indy 5.....
emotion-40.gif

Hmm
maybe lots and lots of touch ups for Star Wars especially DNR, and
completely ruin the beloved trilogy for once and for all. Still laugh my
butt off with the Han Solo/ Greedo meeting in the Special Edition dvd.
Not to mention the changed Anakin insert from Jedi and those stupid
firework scenes at the different city's/worlds!!

Yeah its a doomed project in my eyes

Davro83

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
I dont know if anyone has mentioned this already, but you can pre-order star wars on bluray from play.com now. Either the full 6 films boxset(£65 or something close) or you can just get the original trilogy if preferred(£33.99), due for release 26th september 2011. Still a way off, but i for one will be purchasing this much awaited boxset.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts