Standmounts or Floorstanders for Onkyo TX-8050

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am a newbie and a bit ignorant about HiFi.

After considering different options I have decided to buy an Onkyo TX-8050 as I will be playing a lot of music from the internet (spotify mainly) although I would also like to play my older CDs and Vynils.

I was considering to pair the TX-8050 with a couple of Tannoy V4 or Q Acoustics 2050i floorstanders. However I realise now that although my room is quite big (10 X 7 meters plus high ceilings in some parts), most of the time I will probably be sitting and listening to my music just 2 meters away or so from the speakers.

So the questions are:

1. Would it be better to get some smaller standmount speakers than the floorstanders (the Tannoy V4/Q Acoustics 2050i)? I am asking this becasue at that distance (2- 2.5 meters form the speakers) I will probably not need much volume, so I wonder if it would be better to have some smaller speakers instead.

2. If standmounts are a better option, which ones would you recommend for the Onkyo TX-8050? BTW, my budget for the speakers is 250-350 pounds (400 absolute max)

(If floorstanders , i.e. Tannoy V4 or Q Acoustics 2050i in my case, are stilll good at lower volumes and short distance then I would prefer floorstanders as in the future I may move the HiFi system to somewhere else in my room where I may need a stronger punch.)

Thanks for your advise and apologies for my continuous questions lately but as I say I am a newbie and need a bit of advise here.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts