STANDARD SKY DIGITAL DISTORTION??????? HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI I HAVE BEEN GETTING ALOT OF DISTORTION, FREEZING AND BREAK UP ON STANDARD SKY DIGITAL, IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALL THE TIME ON ANY PROGRAM WE ARE WATCHING! I HAVE HAD A LOCAL COMPANY TAKE A LOOK AT IT AND SINCE MY SKY DISH WAS AROUND 3 OR 4 YEARS OLD THEY SAID THAT THE DISTORTION, FREEZING AND BREAK UP ON THE PROGRAMS WAS DUE TO THE AN OLD LNB WHICH WAS REPLACED AND FITTED WITH A UNIVERSAL LNB WHICH COST £35 FITTED, BUT THIS SEEMS TO NOT HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM AS THE DISTORTION, FREEZING AND BREAK UP ON ALL PROGRAMS CONTINUES!! CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM AND WHY THIS IS HAPPENING??????????

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hiya, Firstly in forum-speak the capitals you are using make it look like you are SHOUTING!
emotion-1.gif

Anyway..

I would think that maybe you have a sky-box issue here - sometimes they do this if they are getting too hot - is there anything on it, or does it have breathing space?

If it has it's own space, then it might be worth getting a replacement box. You can either get these from Sky (I think they are around £100) or try and find a panasonic box off ebay for around £25 as these are normally very reliable.

Another way is to make sure the box is switched off at the wall at night - gives the box time to reboot itself when you switch it on, rather than standby which just shuts down 2/3 of the electronics...

A

Anonymous

which brand make box would you recommend, panasonic or pace?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts