Stand out TV moments...

Not necessarily the greatest or funniest, but a moment to make you laugh, feel proud, or even cry.

Three that spring to mind are:

Virginia Wade winning Wimbledon in 1977 and the amusing hop, skip and leap over the net.

Squeeze performing 'Up The Junction' on Top of The Pops with all the members playing the wrong instruments (Tilbrook on drums, Holland on guitar, Lavis on bass... I think). Legend has it that it was a subtle rebuff to the BBC for not allowing them play live.

The Two Ronnies "Four candles" sketch. Brilliant.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just off the top of my head, some epic sporting events like:

- Lewis Hamilton winning the F1 World Champion title in 2008;

- Jenson Button then winning it in 2009;

- Steve Redgrave and co winning their gold medals at the 2000 Olympics (Steve's 5th gold);

- The 2008 Wimbledon Final - Nadal vs Federer;

- Chelsea winning the Premiership in 2005 (personal one for me :) )

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
The Groundhogs performing Cherry Red on Top Of The Pops in 1971 when for a while TOTP featured some "alternative" acts each week. I think King Crimson were on one week! Didn't last long.

Standing in a packed break room at work watching in silence the horrors of 9/11 unfold.

Another stand out moment for me was Gazza getting a second yellow card in the semi-final of the 1990 World Cup and those tears, with Lineker pointing to Bobby Robson to 'keep an eye' on the vulnerable Geordie.

Murray Walker doesn't hide his emotions when Damon Hill wins Formula 1 Championship.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Del-boy when he became a millionare

Mansell's tyre bursting to lose the F1 championship :cry:

Liverpool CL Final 2005 :cheer:

Rod Hull on Parkinson

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts