admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Just wanted some advice about the Squeezebox. Some system upgrades to my main system mean that I now have a Cyrus 6 amp and some MA silver series speakers going spare. I'm thinking of setting these up in a different room. Instead of buying another CD player to go with them I'm wondering about going down the Squeezebox route instead. Is the sound quality of the Squeezebox up to the level of a Cyrus 6 though...?

Thanks!

Northutsire

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the Squeezebox would disgrace itself with the Cyrus. Of course the source files have to be up to scratch - Apple Lossless, FLAC etc. And with its support for internet radio (including iPlayer) you've got yourself a tuner too.

Have a look at this thread from the Slimdevices forum and you'll see the Squeezebox connected to some pretty interesting kit - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817

A

Anonymous

Wow thanks - that's a cool thread with some amazing equipment. If a Squeezebox sounds OK in a McIntosh system then I guess it should be OK with Cyrus!!

A

Anonymous

with the right DAC a squeezebox is a totally great piece of gear. I love mine.

A

Anonymous

Northutsire:
I don't think the Squeezebox would disgrace itself with the Cyrus. Of course the source files have to be up to scratch - Apple Lossless, FLAC etc. And with its support for internet radio (including iPlayer) you've got yourself a tuner too.

Have a look at this thread from the Slimdevices forum and you'll see the Squeezebox connected to some pretty interesting kit - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817

that is a great thread. Thanks

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
jgw911:
Hi

Just wanted some advice about the Squeezebox. Some system upgrades to my main system mean that I now have a Cyrus 6 amp and some MA silver series speakers going spare. I'm thinking of setting these up in a different room. Instead of buying another CD player to go with them I'm wondering about going down the Squeezebox route instead. Is the sound quality of the Squeezebox up to the level of a Cyrus 6 though...?

Thanks!

The Squeezebox won't disgrace itself with a Cyrus 6/Monitor Audio Silver setup... Just note that if you want the best from it, you'll eventually want to invest in a DAC....

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm about to go dem some 2nd hand gear in a private sale with a guy using a Squeezebox with new Krell amps and a pair of £10,000 speakers. He's probably using some exotic external DAC too though. Still, I think it will be fine in your system.

A

Anonymous

Squeezebox is an excellent piece of kit, I use mine wirelessly directly into my Naim Supernait and control it using my ipod touch, it works brilliantly ..................

A

Anonymous

Just got a Squeezebox and using internal dac it doesn't sound as good as my old Arcam Alpha+ CD player so I'm looking for a budget dac. I love the functionality though

A

Anonymous

Just got a dacmagic a lot more detail but at the moment finding it a bit in your face if you now what I mean

A

Anonymous

I'm considering buying a Squeezebox but am wondering if it is likely to be replaced soon, given that it has been out for a few years. Does anyone know if this is likely?

I know the Squeezebox Duet is available, but I have read some reports that it is unreliable and frequently 'drops out'. Has anyone had any experience of this, by any chance?

Cheers in advance.

TRENDING THREADS