Squeezebox touch controller

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, some of you is using the controller? I have the opportunity to buy it for 1/3 of its price and wanted to know if it is worth or not!

Thanks

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok bought in the end...I said to myself for 80 eur even if it's not the best tool in the world I can still give it to my gf to drive the SB touch when my Ipad/iphone is not around :rofl:

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Depends which price it's a third of!

But in my experience, I wouldn't bother. If you have an Android or iOS device then there are much better alternatives in the Squeeze Commander & iPeng apps. I had a Controller & found it unreliable & a general PITA to use. The screen is too small & the promised playback feature was only ever reasonably implemented in one software release, & promptly broken again in all subsequent releases.

Even if you don't already own a suitable device, I'd advise buying one over purchasing a Controller.

A

Anonymous

You can get an Android phone for around £40 on PAYG. Much better bet IMO :) (The app is free)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Pity, too late, I tought at 80 eur would have been a bargain anyway...maybe I can resell it on ebay...is brand new anyway.

Thanks for the replies!

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys, just a question! What is the logitech Squeezebox Duet doing? This is a kind of bridge if I want to expand the network in another room without having to buy another squeezebox touch?

So for example I have a duet in my bedroom connected wirelessly to my router where my NAS is connected?

So having SB touch in the living room connected to the main hi-fi ssystem. It is wired to the router which is wired to the NAS, everything in the same room.

A duet in the bedroom connected wireless to the router is capable of reading everything which is on the NAS? Is the same DAC on the duet and on the SB Touch? Will then be possible to connect the duet to another smaller hi-fi system in my bedroom?

Thanks a lot

A

Anonymous

The squeezebox Duet is just another muisic streamer. If you want to play music in your bedroom on another music system, you could use the Touch or the Duet, they both do the same kinda job.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
As above, the Duet is a Squeezebox minus the screen (Receiver) that was intended to be used in conjunction with the Controller.

Yes it will pick up music from SBS/LMS on your NAS via WiFi.

The Receiver has the same outputs as the Touch with the exception (IIRC) of no headphone socket.

No, the DACs are different to both Touch & SB3/Classic & generally held to be the lowest quality of the three.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Dr Lodge said:
The squeezebox Duet is just another muisic streamer. If you want to play music in your bedroom on another music system, you could use the Touch or the Duet, they both do the same kinda job.

Great, thanks a lot! SQ will be lower level since the DAC is not the same, but that is not extremely important in the bedroom. The main system will still be in the living room.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Crocodile said:
As above, the Duet is a Squeezebox minus the screen (Receiver) that was intended to be used in conjunction with the Controller.

Yes it will pick up music from SBS/LMS on your NAS via WiFi.

The Receiver has the same outputs as the Touch with the exception (IIRC) of no headphone socket.

No, the DACs are different to both Touch & SB3/Classic & generally held to be the lowest quality of the three.

Thanks a lot for the full explanation, sometimes it needs just so little to make a reply clear and straight to the point! :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts