Squeezebox duet

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
If I have the squeezecentre already installed on my laptop can I connect the laptop wirelessly to the squeezebox without an internet connection and router?

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
nads:you need a wireless router.

Sorry to come across as dumb but is there a reason why you need a router?

I understand the Airport Express can stream music wirelessly from a PC without a router via Airtunes.

A

Anonymous

mattjax05:
nads:you need a wireless router.

Sorry to come across as dumb but is there a reason why you need a router?

I understand the Airport Express can stream music wirelessly from a PC without a router via Airtunes.

Your music is stored on your computer. Somehow it has to get to your Duet receiver.

It does this wirelessly by using your existing wifi network / router setup to send the signal to the Duet.

The Duet "sees" your music collection via your wireless network.

Squeezecentre itself does not stream the music - it just organises your music collection so the Duet functionality will work.

You could plug your Duet receiver into your PC / laptop by ethernet cable but (obviously) this would not be wireless.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
heystak: Your music is stored on your computer. Somehow it has to get to your Duet receiver.

I'm probably missing something big here - why is it that Airport Express can wirelessly connect directly with a laptop/pc but the Squeezebox Duet needs a router? Can you not just create a network with laptop-SB Duet?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts