1- does it stream say flac files from j river media jukebox

2- does it have spotify yet on it.

3- does it work if the unit is underthestairs or is it infa red the controller

many thanks simon

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
1. No it need its own Squeezebox Server running on the PC

2. An unofficial plugin is available for Squeezebox Server. Official Spotify support is for Touch & Radio

3. The Duet Controller works by wi-fi

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
richer sounds are offering the unit for £150 which seems great value so i was hoping to grab on by the end of the month if all goes well.

when you say squeezebox server is that meaning im using uploading im abit puzzled on that.

i just thought u networked your laptop to the hub and then connect the squeezebox duet reciever to the hub and then your away and it would pick j river media jukebox up and show all the artwork ect. and i was hoping it could do spotify,last fm and you tube.

nads

1 or squeezebox server on a suitable NAS.

2 as above.

3 WiFi but is not very good.

the DACs in the Duet are fair but it is better with a Dac Magic.

the touch DACs are very good.

there are controllers available for the iPhone and Android phones that blow the Duet controller into the weeds.

iPeng for the iPhone also has playback ability.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
right thanks im in shape that i have my laptop next to hifi always now and have my turntable,amp,dac,laptop,hub understairs on a glass tv stand one of those freebees from with my tv from currys. so all i really want to do is fire up spotify,last fm or j river jukebox and sit on my sofa messing around with some sort of remote.

ive crossed off the squeezebox duet then off my list. i was never going to use the dac in it apart from when i faniced a headphone listen.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have watched various you tube videos and scanned forums ect for near 2hours

and i can use spotify through the duet quite easy with a plugin.

the j river media centre is not needed as once ive downloaded the squeezebox server software it will pick up folders.

so i am lucky in that all my albums are artworked at the folder.

so its back on the radar or using my 2nd laptop as shared screen not sure which one.

but my main question is i have artwork from 100x100 to 600x600 they range from 10kb to 65kb is there a limit on what can be sent to squeezebox duet controller.

many thanks simon

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks alot nads. i will have everything on all the time under the stairs so the laptop while im up will be on all the time so thats that a problem.

ive just lost a bid of £95 for squeezebox duet i only have £100 so i may wait next month and get a new one off amazon £185.99 free del.

thanks again for the help.

i have an iphone but i really cant see why people want to use it as a control it has a tiny screen scroll ect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts