Squeezebox Duet and lossless files

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Squeezebox Duet on order as we speak, and I'm very busy ripping my cd's into iTunes as Apple Lossless files. Will I be able to play these through my Squeezebox Duet?

If not, what could I use to be able to enjoy Lossless files through my Duet?

A

Anonymous

I think I actually have error correction off, I thought it would 'alter' my lossless files and thus making them less like the cd itself. Am I wrong?

John Duncan

Yes, quite the reverse actually - though it shouldn't matter with brand new discs, with less-than-perfect discs you're giving iTunes more opportunities to get it right, and you should get a better rip.

A

Anonymous

So it's back to the first cd again, luckily I got enough time to do it all before my setup finally arrives. No black 8vs2's in stock, grmbl.

I'm going to try my Duet without DAC at first, but which DAC would you recon would do it justice if I feel like I should upgrade? I'm planning to keep using my old technics cd-player for now! (since the Cyrus cd-player is so terrible expensive)

A

Anonymous

Funnily enough it seems to be three times the price on this side of the pond ;)

Which is really weird, since the euro isn't that bad compared to the pound at the moment. Seems someone is filling some pockets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts