Just recieved my SBT so I installed it

- connected it to my network via lan

- created an acount

- the sbt did an update

- I looked up my favorit radio station looks like it was playing but no sound

-an when I connect a hd or ipod nothing happens

- checked the amp conections all ok

tried a cd no problem

Is there sometinng I'm missing why cant I get any sound out of this ?

Pleas help :help:

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
checked on my denon same thing....the netw is fine as when I remove the cable I get the message netw lost so my only idea is that the rca output on thz sb is not working.... |(

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
To test if it's just the analogue outputs not working, can you connect your Squeezebox to your Denon AV amp via a toslink cable to see if the digital output is working?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you hear anything via the headphone socket?

Check volume level is 100%

Using the Logitech Media Server program you should be able to connect to your player and check settings from there. Does the information tab show the details about your player?

Check the Advanced Settings and look at the MP3 streaming setings of your player (under the Player tab -> Audio settings). Select "Proxied streaming."

Try again listening to an internet radio station by connecting to mysqueezebox.com.

If all else fails try a factory reset.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I finaly got it talking afther updating once again (wich I already did)

Suddenly I had my whole libary.

1 I saw my mac where i tunes is instaled. I tunes is installed on the mac but the music files are stored on een external drive so fisicly I have no music on the hd of the mac.

an saw the sb server there I had all the music. witch actualy saw my Itune libery with the files stored on the ext hd

so suddenl :)

Then I tried to connect a shufle an an I pod bud no luck there

than put somefile on a usb stick to see if that works. It worked, I shoudn't have done that. Yes it worked but suddely now he don't connect to the sb server any more...

He connect to my mac see my I tunes but no music files....(i tunes get those from the external drive like I explained)

Actualy he see's the 2 or 3 files In my libary I actualy stored on the mac.... but this doesn't help me....

Today I instaled also sb server on my pc where I tunes is instaled (witch I'm not using on the pc) an Media monckey (for some flac's) didn't try it on the sb as I'm not home

but It seemes He only want to syncronize an empty I tune libary I have on the pc , even when I try to change the path to the Madia monkey he doesn't syncronize with it.

I bought SB Wel to start with a little streaming as everybody say's is the future....

an the sound was pretty decent when I listened to it Alex's it with flacks.

At this point I only had the chance to try a few mp3 at my place on my main systemso can't really judge here

But it sounded pretty awfull

Like it was comming froù a cave on a cheap juk box

no body an way to bright...but oké let's wait I get flack's running true it (if I get it working properly)

Secound big reason I bought the sb is to be able to listen to the radio on my hifisystem...

Thinking I would heve better sound as when I listen internet radio via the tve decoder on my HT (wich to be honest already sounded pretty good.

Here again big desapoinment same feeling as mentioned before sound from the denon for radio is way better.

So o for now my big issue is be able to run at least 1 of my entire libary's

If in case I have to chose 1 well preferable Media monky so I can listen to flac's....actualy didn't try it yet (as I'm not home) but I'm afraid this going to be a strugle again as when I instaled SBserver on my pc he only syncronize with Itunes. (witch I'm not using on the pc so I can uninstal it if needed)

Prefarably I would like to use bothe Libery's as I have to keep atleas 1 I tune's for my I pod

An I have a few mp3 I don't have on cd.

So normaly I would like to use several computers an several libary's stored on it...

Actualy this schould be possible I'think. Can annybody confirm.

So normaly it's a good value for the money I had the chance to hear that already....

But for now to me it just a peace of ..... an a lose of money as I'm ald school an like to have cd in my hand an the radio sound seem to be better via my HT....

Any way I will try to get it running properly for a while to be ablle to provide a less emotional point of vue.

because for now

|( >) :quest: :oops: :cry: :twisted: :wall:

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
sounds like you've at least partially got it to work how you want it to, which is good progress compared to its previous silence. I'm sure you'll get there with a bit more fidding with it. With regards to its hollow sound, I'm not really familiar with a SB but has it got any strange EQ settings which you may accidentally have selected?

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
With regards to its hollow sound, I'm not really familiar with a SB but has it got any strange EQ settings which you may accidentally have selected?

I'm not home right now but will check it out thanks

will kep you posted

nads

Sounds like you have not installed it correctly.

Have you told it where the music is yet?

Have you checked for more updates? What player firmware are you on? What version of Logitec media server are you on?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Roby, he can't sound as a cave, there is something wrong in what you did then.

As suggested already you should try the following steps

1) Rip 2 or 3 CDs from your library in FLAC and store it on PC (to try)

2) Install Logitech Squeezebox server on PC

3) Make sure the SBT is wired to the router/hub

4) Try to connect the SBT to the library created on PC

5) Launch the SB server on pc and try to play through the SBT

There is no way the internet radio or MP3 sound awful, something must be wrong somewhere. When we test the phono stage this weekend I can have a look. It took me 15 minutes to install everything and it was quite straightforward (never opened the manual)

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for all the advice

I finaly got it almost right.....The problem was on the Logitec mediaserver.....He is always refering to my computer libary... Wch could be fine exept that the cobtain of that libary is stocked on an ext. hd

So it is not enough to point it out apparently you have to ad the drive in the libary it self.

So no it works only thing is the media center see about 8000 songs an I tunes mention arround 28000 songs.....

So I don't know from where come's the difference an I still didn't try to ad a secound libary will do that when I have some more time

Keep you posted

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Roby said:

I finaly got it almost right.....The problem was on the Logitec mediaserver.....He is always refering to my computer libary... Wch could be fine exept that the cobtain of that libary is stocked on an ext. hd

So it is not enough to point it out apparently you have to ad the drive in the libary it self.

So no it works only thing is the media center see about 8000 songs an I tunes mention arround 28000 songs.....

So I don't know from where come's the difference an I still didn't try to ad a secound libary will do that when I have some more time

Keep you posted

Don't add a second librabry otherwise you have to switch library every time you want to play a song which is on the other librabry. And how do you know which song is on which library?

Better to check first if there are more than 20k songs and then understand if there is a limit somewhere on the Server ( I really doubt it)

nads

Roby said:

Keep you posted
Yes you need to tell it where the music is and then get it to scan your library which can take quite some time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts