Squash balls under equipment....??

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi all,

Just been looking at cheep system upgrades and most of it was complete tosh tbh but this suggestion caught my eye as similar products are available at retail so i'm wondering if there is any truth to the idea that they make good sound isolators (i think that's the term) when placed under certain equipment and if so what equipment would they be best used with?

Lastly, i have some squash balls already hense my interest in a cheap upgrade but i'm just wondering which way up you would place them once cut in half? Any thoughts much appreciated

BillDay66

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I use these under my old Humax PVR, cut in half so the existing feet on the humax sit inside the hollow of the ball.

Works a treat, my hummy quite literally hums these days (sounds like a light aircraft in the living room on start up!), but the squash balls quieten it down very well. I think its only really going to anything to a unit with a hdd and/or fan like a pvr?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
That tip has been around a long time, so would expect it to work.

Start with the source, and work from there, listening for each (if any) improvement.

Another tip that costs very little is to:

-Clean all i/c plugs with isopropyl alcohol (allow to dry)

- Polish mains plugs (if not nearly new), including fuse contacts, with Duraglit (remove all residue with the alcohol).

You may be surprised at the improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts