Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just sign up Spotify on 30 days free trial, I've got the app on ipad and PC.

At the moment playing through my WD TV Live, but the menu is very limited.

What are my options to connect to Rega DAC and have Spotify at is best?

I can always buy a cable and connect the ipad to the Brio R, but i really want to avoid more cables...

Thanks

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Run Spotify on your PC then usb to dac?

Personally I love being able to sit at my ease and browse and play Spotify from my sofa.

Very simple iPad > AEX > Dac > Active speakers, after trying several different configurations I use the AEX to 'extend' my existing network (even though they are side by side) and turn off the wifi on my router, perfectly stable. Apple TV will do the same thing with pictures, no dac though, so no 'back up' analogue out.

If you have an 'issue' with using Airplay for music transmissions then the Sonos can offer a fully wired solution, run Spotify on the Sonos and use the Sonus App on the iPad as a remote control.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
MakkaPakka said:
Disappointingly there doesn't seem to be a decent way of getting spotify to an amp on an android device.

just need to wait for magicplay devices or devices to include it then jobs a good un :)

edit:- or make your own from a raspberry pi :) http://nanocr.eu/2013/07/02/amplify-your-music-with-magicplay/

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
DocG said:
davedotco said:

If you have an 'issue' with using Airplay for music transmissions then the Sonos can offer a fully wired solution, run Spotify on the Sonos and use the Sonus App on the iPad as a remote control.

You can even turn the Sonos' WiFi off, should it bother you (http://wojo.com/blog/2011/11/20/disabling-wifi-on-sonos-players.html).

It is not the prescence of wi-fi but the transmission of music over Airplay that some seem to have an issue with.

The poor stability leading to dropouts, the packaging of the data for transport and the routine resampling of the music appears to bother some people, with my simple (and cheap) system I do not have an issue.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Um said:
davedotco said:
Run Spotify on your PC then usb to dac?

Personall

this is the best way

Another cable across the living room, no i don't think so... I'll not say that isn't the best way, probably it is!

Rega DAC has only one USB input and i've my synology connected there, I was hopping that Synology had the Spotify software but it hasn't, that for me it would be the best way to have Spotify...

I'm going to enjoy the free month and after will cancel the registration, until synology and Spotify come with a solution, or some thing else...

Cpt.Issues

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't specifically answer your original questions but if you end up getting Spotify Premium please for the love of all that is holy don't forget to click Edit > Preferences > tick 'Enable High Quality Streaming'.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My short experience with airport expresses invloved buying 4 of the things for 3 hifi's around the house. I had to connect 1 via cable to the router and make a new network to stop drop outs. I have not had a drop out since (touch wood)

Just a warning you might need two.

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My short experience with airport expresses invloved buying 4 of the things for 3 hifi's around the house. I had to connect 1 via cable to the router and make a new network to stop drop outs. I have not had a drop out since (touch wood)

Just a warning you might need two.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Mostly I play Spotify Premium via my SBT wirelessly, controlled by my Nexus 7 from the comfort of my sofa.

I also have the option of using my PC > Optical > rDAC > amp which my wife always uses.

My kids use their laptops sometimes and plug in the rDAC kw dongle to connect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts