Spotify vs Amazon Prime music?

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
As the title:

If I take Amazon Prime they now say I will be able to listen to their digital music through my Sonos. This works out at about £7 per month instead of the £9.99 I pay to Spotify (plus the other benefits of Prime)

Anyone have a view on the quality comparison? Amazon don't seem to say what bit-rate they're streaming at.

Apologies if this was covered before but I only seem to be able to search News on this website, not forum topics...

Kamikaze Bitter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If you just want to stream music Spotify is probably the better option - I don't have it myself, but it does have an impressive ctalogue and I believe the quality is good - I'm sure others can commenton this. I do have Amazon Prime, and havent really used the music streaming much - mainly because it hasn't been available on Sonos until very recently. The ctalogue is ok for my interest - mainly opera, choral and classical. You do of course get much much more that the music with Amazon. Worth it for Harry Borch on the TV alone IMO, not to mention free next day delivery.

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Whereas Spotify is 320kbps ogg vorbis. Have had both and Spotify sounded a bit more detailed to me but it may be because I knew the above. Also Amazon prime has a much smaller catalogue without many current artists which isn't that important to me but maybe to you. On the other hand as a combination with the video streaming, kindle library and free delivery I think it is great value for money so I subscribe to it rather than Spotify etc.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I think if they were both music only services, Spotify would win, but as a package, Amazon Prime is hard to beat, especially at the price it is this weekend.
Everything included in Prime Delivery Benefits
Unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of items, FREE Same-Day Delivery in select areas.Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
Borrow one Kindle Book per month for no additional cost on any Kindle device.Prime Video
Unlimited streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows.Kindle First
Choose one Kindle book of the six Editors' Picks each month for no additional cost.Prime Photos
Secure unlimited photo storage with anywhere access. Prime Music
Listen to over a million songs, ad-free stations and hundreds of hand-built playlists.Prime Early Access
Prime members get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.co.uk.Prime Now
One and two-hour delivery on tens of thousands of items in select areas.Amazon Family
Enjoy 20% off nappies.Prime Pantry
Everyday sizes of popular household items delivered for a flat delivery fee. Household
Share select Prime benefits with another adult in your household.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Paul. said:
If you do decide to go for prime, it's £59 this weekend. Works out at £4.90 per month.

Thanks Paul, I saw that as well and it was the clincher.

Thanks to all for replies, I will do some comparison re quality. As said above, Spotify seems to have a much bigger catalogue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts