Spotify to squeezebox. worth the gamble it will happen?

A

Anonymous

brittondave:
Hi I am considering the Squeezbox......... how far off do you reckon it will be before it will access Spotify?

There's a Spotify plugin now and a great combination it is (you do need Spotify Premium though).

A

Anonymous

I have spotify premium.

how does the plug in work

thanks very much for the reply.

D

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
>how does the plug in work<

Spotify appears as an option under the 'Radio' menu of your player, from there you can browse and play tracks.

Technically, a 'helper' app runs with Squeezebox Server and logs in using your Spotify Premium account to 'pass' the music stream to Squeezebox Server.

A

Anonymous

sorry for being dumb..... but does that mean the sqeezebox server communicates with my laptop and gets spotify from there?

does it still play at the higher bit rate?

do I need to download the plugin to my computer or is it already on the squeezbox?

sorry .......thanks again

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
OK, step back a bit. To use Spotify on Squeezebox players, then Squeezebox Server needs to be running on a laptop/PC/Mac/NAS on your home network.

The plugin-for Spotify needs to be downloaded and installed on whatever machine is running Squeezebox Server and yes, the stream will be the higher bit-rate used for Spotify Premium. None of this uses the Spotify client app you may already have on your laptop. (But, you could have installed Squeezebox Server on that laptop!).

Spotify on Sonos players is a different kettle of fish. The Sonos player(s) will login to the Spotify system directly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts