Spotify premium cancelled

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just cancelled my spotify premium account i was currently getting free for 6 months through virgin media but this is due to run out in a weeks time.

unfortunalty i couldn't take anymore of the music stopping halfway through a track or the next track not even starting,
this could be a number of factors may not just be spotify itself it could well be my broadband service with virgin it does seem to have got worse since i upgraded to 30mb download and having to use the virgin superhub(rubbish) in my opinion even using it as just the modem mode setting.

or maybe we have to many wireless products being used at the sametime in the house and it slows down the broadband?

currently using 2 xboxes 3 pc/laptops my ipod touch for spotify all wireless.

if theres anyone who knows more about the techy side of things that could help i would appreciate it

regards 80s boy

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
80s boy said:
just cancelled my spotify premium account i was currently getting free for 6 months through virgin media but this is due to run out in a weeks time. unfortunalty i couldn't take anymore of the music stopping halfway through a track or the next track not even starting, this could be a number of factors may not just be spotify itself it could well be my broadband service with virgin it does seem to have got worse since i upgraded to 30mb download and having to use the virgin superhub(rubbish) in my opinion even using it as just the modem mode setting. or maybe we have to many wireless products being used at the sametime in the house and it slows down the broadband? currently using 2 xboxes 3 pc/laptops my ipod touch for spotify all wireless. if theres anyone who knows more about the techy side of things that could help i would appreciate it regards 80s boy

I know.... its more annoying than someone poking you in the ribs over and over again. Well not that annoying but still :wall:

John Duncan

I've just moved from Airport Extreme with old 10MB service to Superhub with 30MB. The Superhub is terrible - it keeps resetting itself back to defaults for starters and I end up hooking up a laptop wired to make it work again.

Even when it is stable I have had terrible performance problems - broadband speed checker showing me 0.8MB compared to 20-24MB wired.

I tried manual selection of a random channel (11) with no improvement. However, yesterday I downloaded a freeware network sniffer (xirrus wifi inspector - this is a PC one as I was using my XP laptop) which immediately showed me three other local routers on Channel 11. I changed to channel 13 (which no other router was on) and my 20MB+ wireless speed was restored.

T

the record spot

Bought an Apple ATV3 the other day and been playing Spotify flawlessly since. Used to get dropouts with my router, but no issues going via the Touch/ATV route.

A

Anonymous

Ok forgot to mention i allways check my broadband speed when the problem occurred and it was pretty close to 30mb speed and i have just checked to see if anyone else was on the same broadband channel and im the only one on channel 2 so no problems there.

the record spot

good point could be my airport express causing the problem do you think that getting a apple tv and doing away with the airport express and my netgear modem help the problem?

as to be honest b4 all these problems most of my music was through spotify i really dont fancy just having cds as my only source of music.

regards
80s boy

Again all feedback welcome please to help ressolve my problem

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
the record spot said:
Bought an Apple ATV3 the other day and been playing Spotify flawlessly since. Used to get dropouts with my router, but no issues going via the Touch/ATV route.

Doesn't the 8050 do spotify

idc

I had this problem and both Spotify and my ISP blamed BT and the local connections causing bandwidth throttling.

But surely Premium solves the problme by letting you download what you then want to listen to?

T

the record spot

moon said:
the record spot said:

Doesn't the 8050 do spotify

It does, but I use my network cable to the TV or the PS3 plsu I have some content that I'd wanted to be able to use straight off my Touch - it occurred to me that Airplay lets me stream almost anything off my Touch to the system.

It's laziness talking - the Onkyo works great, but spending £60 on the Onkyo dongle gets me a lot less than the £99 that went on the ATV.

T

the record spot

80s boy said:
the record spot

good point could be my airport express causing the problem do you think that getting a apple tv and doing away with the airport express and my netgear modem help the problem? as to be honest b4 all these problems most of my music was through spotify i really dont fancy just having cds as my only source of music. regards 80s boy Again all feedback welcome please to help ressolve my problem

I'm no expert really mate, as ultimately, the stream is coming from the same ISP ultimately, but it works great with the ATV. Not trying to get you to spend £100 or anything, but it's a cracking little unit. Chances are I'll probably get a Mac or iPad at some point soon too so it'll all integrate nicely.

A

Anonymous

my broadband speed is terrible 2mb and spotify was fine for a while, then it started stopping through tracks and freezing, i eventually got tired of it and have gone back to my cd collection.

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If you've changed your router recently to the virgin superhub or whatever it's called, it might be that its wireless range is shonky. I've never gotten on with the stock BT router that they send out (although they claim it has the best wireless range in the world ever), but was lucky enough to have some other ones kicking around due to former life in IT so changed to a D-Link which has much better range.

Having said that, I have never had much success with the Airport Expresses over wireless, but it is an old house with great big thick walls. Worth trying with powerline ethernet adaptors, that's what I currently use, admittedly not currently with Airports. About to move into house that I've wired up entirely. Huzzah!

Never had any trouble at all with Spotify over a wired network until about a month ago, when my internet connection just suddenly got really shaky for no good reason, would just drop out for 5 minutes or so every half hour. Left4Dead2 sessions interrupted mid tank slaying, you can imagine how annoying that was! After days of talking to BT customer support finally got an engineer out who changed the socket where the phone comes into the house and everything's been fine since. And this is out in the sticks with pretty slow broadband generally - Spotify works just fine. Left4Dead2 also fine now, in case you were wondering.

When you're losing connection to Spotify, are you losing your internet connection entirely? If so, worth talking to your ISP. They can be a bit evasive and reluctant to send anyone out to help, you just need to keep at them if you think there is a problem with your actual physical connection rather than wireless from that point.

A

Anonymous

SteveR750

Ever since i cancelled my subscription which is due to stop tomorrow spotify has been behaving superbley(typical) now im thinking it could be something to do with everyone in the household using the broadband at the sametime and clogging up the airwaves(not sure thats what its called but you know what i mean) because ive noticed that the kids havent been on there xboxes so much this week and all seems to be better.

unless there was something wrong with the virgin broadband?

so i guess im going to have to call virgin media and subscribe to spotify again as to be honest don't think i can live without it.

regards

80s boy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts