Spotify Hifi set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have not had a seperates system for a couple of year's, ive used a cd player in all my systems and now feel it's time to jump on the dac bandwagon. Im thinking of buying an amp and speakers and hooking it up to my pc and then upgrade to spotify premium. I cant afford a dac until next month so my ageing pc's sound card will have to do till the penny's come in. My budget for a dac is 500 pound's, i have used cd player's like the arcam cd 192 and musical fidelity x-ray so will 500 pound's be enough to get the same quality of sound?

I want to be able to play my music without having to get up and change cd's, i also want to listen to my music and think 'that was good'.

idc

Your budget will get you a superb DAC. If you use aUSB connection the DAC will bypass the sound card. I am not sure about optical digital coax, but in any case with all three you take obly a digital signal from the PC.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply i was thinking of the cambridge dac magic or the arcam r dac, both seem good not much in price difference, is there any other options under £500?

idc

Beresford and Firestone Audio are the other two that spring to mind. As for which would be better, I would read as many reviews as i can to get an idea of their sound and also look at the features and what would suit you.

I have a Firestone Fubar USB DAC with The Supplier PSU, as all I needed was to connect laptop to amp and USB is the easiest method.

A

Anonymous

seeing as you are considering an amp anyway why not take a look at the harmon kardon hk990? it's got masses of power, great reviews and comes with a built in dac...

A

Anonymous

I'm using a Beresford TC 7520 via USB from my PC. Sounds excellent with Spotify premium, and the headphone socket is pretty good too. In fact I probably listen to this setup more than my main hifi (using squeezebox duet, a better DAC)...and spotify streams through that nicely too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts