Spotify Free - unusually free of adverts?

Gray

I wonder how unusual.
If you use Spotify Free, what's your experience of the advert frequency?
For the first time last night, I got no adverts at all throughout a lengthy session. Pretty sure I played at least 20 tracks in part or full.
I log into SF very infrequently. I'd previously noticed a long delay before I got the first ad, but this is the first time I've had none.
(Coincidentally (or not :unsure:) immediately prior to SF, I'd been giving Amazon Music a first try).

No doubt the quality issue with SF is as much of a reason as the ads for audiophiles to avoid it, but if you do use it - how often? (as I wonder if that affects your ad delivery).

D

Deleted member 2457

I wonder how unusual.
For the first time last night, I got no adverts at all throughout a lengthy session. Pretty sure I played at least 20 tracks in part or full.
I log into SF very infrequently. I'd previously noticed a long delay before I got the first ad, but this is the first time I've had none.
(Coincidentally (or not :unsure:) immediately prior to SF, I'd been giving Amazon Music a first try).

No doubt the quality issue with SF is as much of a reason as the ads for audiophiles to avoid it, but if you do use it - how often? (as I wonder if that affects your ad delivery).
I use it a lot and it’s usually every 3 songs then an advert.

Reactions: Gray

Friesiansam

I wonder how unusual.

Last few times I tried to use Free Spotify, it just spammed me with adverts such that I couldn't listen to music. Not been back since, I just pay for an occasional month on Qobuz.

erbasically

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't use Spotify very often but today I found it was the only way to listen to a DJ playlist I wanted to hear. The music stopped after the first song. Checked the phone and it was waiting for me to hit play on an advert. After that I got several more adverts before it resumed the playlist. So at that point, more adverts than songs, and I gave up.

D

Deleted member 108165

Strange you should mention it, Gray, but I've probably played 4 consecutive albums on Spotify and no ads. I get the ad banner at the bottom of the screen but no audio ads.

Gray

Strange you should mention it, Gray, but I've probably played 4 consecutive albums on Spotify and no ads. I get the ad banner at the bottom of the screen but no audio ads.
Yes for some of us, for whatever reason, things seem to have changed somewhat (though not consistently so for me).
Those banner ads are tolerable, but when an audio ad comes crashing in at a higher level - with some rapper telling me about his latest single (the type who says "what's up" rather than hello).....I say, "Go away please" (or words to that effect 😖).

MarianaNash

Dec 6, 2022
Visit site
Those ads make me pay for Spotify. Actually, I see nothing wrong in paying for digital products. It’s OK. But if you want to make a free version, please, don’t make the ads so annoying. People have already got used to being interrupted all the time, but interrupting a person from listening to a song is a crime. IMO it can ruin all the promotional campaigns of the artist. I work as a promotion manager. To boost my artist, we bought 50k plays on https://streamingfamous.com/buy-spotify-plays/, and it all went OK until I realized that ads can greatly influence impressions after listening to a song. At first, you may like the piece, but if ads interrupt you suddenly, you’ll forget about your first impression. ********

Last edited:
Those ads make me pay for Spotify. Actually, I see nothing wrong in paying for digital products. It’s OK. But if you want to make a free version, please, don’t make the ads so annoying. People have already got used to being interrupted all the time, but interrupting a person from listening to a song is a crime. IMO it can ruin all the promotional campaigns of the artist.
This thread is well over a year old...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts