spotify app for android

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a PC connected to dacAmp and want to make use of spotify free version, but need an app for android phone to select and play music on pc, too lazy to back and forth to PC to select a playlist or song :)

Is there such app available to search select and play spotify on PC from android phone. Thanks.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Dave for your reply, I have another question for you, I remember in the past you had DM8000 and now you've switched to Clark-tech 9000, is this box better value then Dreambox 8000? how is the SD channels performance on clarktech compared to dreambox?

Thanks.

daveh75

NigelF said:
Thanks Dave for your reply, I have another question for you, I remember in the past you had DM8000 and now you've switched to Clark-tech 9000, is this box better value then Dreambox 8000? how is the SD channels performance on clarktech compared to dreambox?

Thanks.

The Clarke-Tech/Xtrend stomps all over the DM8K in VFM terms...and support/development, IMO - DMM were king/had the market to themselves for a long time, but not anymore!

The DM8K is 3 to 4 times the price of the ET (assuming your talking about genuine boxes, and not clones that are popular because of their pricetag) depending on where you buy it, and in what configuration, i.e additional tuners and slimline optical drive.

The only thing DM8K has going for it over the ET (and Vu+ - which are another excellent alternative) is it will take two additional plug 'n' play DVB-S, T or C tuners (though ETs and Vu+ have do support USB tuners) and an optical drive.

As for PQ on SD channels, there's nothing in it. Though tbh, no sat receiver i've ever seeen is great at upscaling imo, and prefer to ouput a native signal and let an A/V receiver or TV handle upscaling as they do a better job.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Dave for your response and feedback happy to know Clarke-Teck is a better box then DM8K, the price of DM8K was exactly my issue.

SteveR750

I am using spotimote, and its *OK* I am paying £5 a month so that I have no ads, and unlimited plays of each track, but spotimote does not recognise your playlists unless you upgrade to premium, so you have to keep searching for tracks to play them. I find I end up getting up and going to the PC to use my playlists so defeating the object of having a remote! You can save each track as afavourite, but that means searching and adding every track again on your phone. Bit disappointing really.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts