spotify- airport and posting= sound break-up..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
even when i'm listening to saved playlists, i'm getting sound break-up when posting online or even just browsing, refreshing pages.

does this happen to anyone else? is it a limitation of my pc? is there anything i can do?

cheers...

A

Anonymous

hi tonestar...

my laptop gets it's broadband from one of these wireless modems

meteor-bband.jpg

my laptop is connected to the airport express wirelessly, airport is connected to v dac..

i can understand sound breakup when i'm not listening to saved playlists, ie downloading and listening to whatever spotify track while surfing/posting. but it happens whilst playing stored music files on spotify and itunes as well.

ta..

A

Anonymous

daveh75:Have you got the windows sounds disabled max?
i'm not sure dave, how can i find out? ta..

i'm running windows 7 btw..

Tonestar1

Just to confirm is the wirelss dongle actually providing the broadband or just wirelessly connecting back to a fixed line broadband router.

Use a wired connection into the airport from the PC to test the wireless part of the connection to see if it's causing the problems.

Post back and we cant take from there,

A

Anonymous

Tonestar1:
Just to confirm is the wirelss dongle actually providing the broadband or just wirelessly connecting back to a fixed line broadband router.

Use a wired connection into the airport from the PC to test the wireless part of the connection to see if it's causing the problems.

Post back and we cant take from there,

yes the dongle is providing the broadband, i have no router. i only get this sound break-up when i'm online. so id say the connection between laptop and airport is fine..

i wonder if both connections are using a similar wavelength, and are conflicting in some way?

Tonestar1

Well using a wired connection from laptop to airport prove this then. I'm ahving a look at my airpot just now to see if there is anwyay the channel can be changed but this is nomally done from the router. You may be able to set something up using using dongle to do this but ive never used one.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:It's an unfamilar set-up, using a mobile dongle for both networking and internet access, but I suspect it's a bandwidth problem.
the dongle just supplies the broadband andrew, it's connected directly to the laptop via usb (i probably should have mentioned that).

daveh75

maxflinn:

Easy to tell if windows sounds are enabled - Do you get the clicks and beeps, when clicking mouse/track pad buttons for example (when music isn't playing, as you won't here them otherwise)

Not sure how you disable them in W7, but in Vista, you right click on the speaker symbol on the task bar, then select 'sounds', then under 'sound schemes' there's a drop down box where you select 'no sounds' then click apply and ok.

A

Anonymous

Tonestar1:Well using a wired connection from laptop to airport prove this then. I'm ahving a look at my airpot just now to see if there is anwyay the channel can be changed but this is nomally done from the router. You may be able to set something up using using dongle to do this but ive never used one.
cheers, ill read up a bit on it, just to reiterate, the dongle and airport express are not connected to each other in any way, there is no network. just dongle to laptop via usb and laptop to airport wirelessly...

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:

Easy to tell if windows sounds are enabled - Do you get the clicks and beeps, when clicking mouse/track pad buttons for example (when music isn't playing, as you won't here them otherwise)

Not sure how you disable them in W7, but in Vista, you right click on the speaker symbol on the task bar, then select 'sounds', then under 'sound schemes' there's a drop down box where you select 'no sounds' then click apply and ok.

i don't get the clicks and beeps, but if i watch a you tube vid i'll have sound..

i do hear a startup sound though..

Tonestar1

maxflinn:Tonestar1:Well using a wired connection from laptop to airport prove this then. I'm ahving a look at my airpot just now to see if there is anwyay the channel can be changed but this is nomally done from the router. You may be able to set something up using using dongle to do this but ive never used one.
cheers, ill read up a bit on it, just to reiterate, the dongle and airport express are not connected to each other in any way, there is no network. just dongle to laptop via usb and laptop to airport wirelessly...

Your is set up is slightly different to mines as i have my AE joined into my exisiting network so dont have any control over channel selection feature.

Log into airport utility and open up the airport express settings. Try changing the channel to a number quite far away from the one you are already using.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:the dongle just supplies the broadband andrew, it's connected directly to the laptop via usb (i probably should have mentioned that).

Ah right, so it's a 3G device rather than a broadband one: I still think it's a bandwidth prob.

A

Anonymous

daveh75:maxflinn:

they're off..

i right clicked on a blank screen, selected personalize, then sounds, then turn off sounds.

it works the other way too, right clicking the sound icon..

still sound break-ups though unfortunately
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

Tonestar1:
maxflinn:Tonestar1:Well using a wired connection from laptop to airport prove this then. I'm ahving a look at my airpot just now to see if there is anwyay the channel can be changed but this is nomally done from the router. You may be able to set something up using using dongle to do this but ive never used one.

Your is set up is slightly different to mines as i have my AE joined into my exisiting network so dont have any control over channel selection feature.

Log into airport utility and open up the airport express settings. Try changing the channel to a number quite far away from the one you are already using.

i'll give it a go
emotion-21.gif

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
which software are you using to connect you spotify to your Airport?

I use Airfoil and get the same issue as you do - it works seemlessly with iTunes, but any other sound source - Spotify, Grooveshark etc I get intermittent drop outs on the main PC that mean my main PC sound and the Airport sound in another room lose synch with each other so there's an echo type effect.

I have been back and forth with Airfoil but they still haven't solved the problem as yet.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
maxflinn:the dongle just supplies the broadband andrew, it's connected directly to the laptop via usb (i probably should have mentioned that).

Ah right, so it's a 3G device rather than a broadband one: I still think it's a bandwidth prob.

yep, a 3g dongle andrew.. but shouldn't the bandwith (or limitations of) be irrelevant when i'm streaming stored music? because that doesn't use up any bandwidth..

A

Anonymous

tommyb:
which software are you using to connect you spotify to your Airport?

I use Airfoil and get the same issue as you do - it works seemlessly with iTunes, but any other sound source - Spotify, Grooveshark etc I get intermittent drop outs on the main PC that mean my main PC sound and the Airport sound in another room lose synch with each other so there's an echo type effect.

I have been back and forth with Airfoil but they still haven't solved the problem as yet.
yea i'm using airfoil too...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Depends whether the Huawei is also trying to access act as a Wi-Fi device at the same time; could also be a problem with processor capacity on the computer.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Depends whether the Huawei is also trying to access act as a Wi-Fi device at the same time; could also be a problem with processor capacity on the computer.
that's what i thought initially as it happens with stored (cd rips) music on itunes sometimes..

the pc's specs..

amd sempron(tm) SI-42 2.10 GHz.

2 gigs of ram. 1.75 usable.

A

Anonymous

off topic.. but interestingly, i just played "money for nothing" first from a saved for offline playlist on spotify, high bitrate, and then from itunes ripped from a cd, at the same volume the itunes version was quite a bit louder..

A

Anonymous

Tonestar1:Airfoil and itunes both use different volume controls
ah, that explains it
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts