Sport on Freesat - worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I'm in the market for a new 32" TV. Choice is between the Panasonic TX-L32G10 and Sony KDL-32W5500 - both priced the same, pretty much. From everything I've read, it seems the Sony will have better overall picture quality, but I was initially tempted by the Freesat capability of the Panasonic, mostly for sports - want to watch the 2010 6Nations rugby in HD, basically! Now I've read a lot of comment that BBC HD isn't much better than Freeview, and HD content on Freesat is scarce and may even be getting rarer. Simple question is, is it worth sacrificing a bit of other TV performance for? Unfortunately, I simply can't stretch to the Sony TV + separate Freesat box and don't want to get a cheaper TV (e.g. Sony V or S series) to make budget room for separate Freesat as I 'need' full HD for use with my laptop, and want 100Hz for smoother motion with the sports. Help - the money is burning a hole in my pocket and if I don't choose soon, my wife or daughter will find something they 'need' and I'll have to watch the rugby on an old 14" portable!

A

Anonymous

If i was you i would get the panasonic as ive found freesat invaluble, i refuse to pay sky money so was the only option, bbcHD may have reduced the quality of its broadcasts but its still better by a long way than standard broadcasts. ITV HD is very eratic but the liverpool match looked great last wednesday, so if you dont want to pay sky but want some HD go for it.

A

Anonymous

I'd say if you're a lifelong Bristol City supporter like me, probably not.
emotion-10.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts