Splashed out on the DacMagic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Wow, very impressed, so much more depth and weight in the music...best money ive spent since buying my CM7's. I thought my x-fi card to ichord was good (to which i still have attached so i can flick a switch to compare.) The soundacrd is lifeless and flat in comparison. Oh dear...i can see me pulling a sickie at work
emotion-14.gif

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Glad you like it. The sound will improve a little with use.

I was told this on the forum and I was a little sceptical, but to be honest I do believe it is better now, the treble which I thought was a little harsh and bright has smoothed out.

I still don't think it is quite as good as my cd player though.

A

Anonymous

It is outclassed by the CD-S1000 yet not as much as i would have thought. It is alarming how much it gives the cd player a run for its money. I find it ticks all the right boxes, yet the Yamaha cd player does these that little bit better. But the DacMagic really does punch well above its price range...i have to say, this may sound controversial. I find PC audio sometimes to be warmer, less dynamic and thus less tiring to the ears when listened to for extensive periods of time. Therefore I can see myself using the DacMagic to PC more than the cd player, also because it is far more conveniant. When I really want to enjoy my music, the cd player will be employed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts