Spendor A6r and D7, anyone heard these?

Triggy

Jan 24, 2005
Visit site
I demoed both of these last Saturday!

A6r first.....dull, IMHO

D7.....in a word, superb!

They sounded open detailed and smooth.

They had a wide soundstage and were controlled at all levels of volume.

They are at the top of my list to buy soon!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The A6r is an evolution of the A6, and therefore is similar sounding in most ways, which is pretty much how most of the Spendor A Series sounds. The D7's are quite a contrast. We always felt that the A Series was a little too smooth for our liking, but they obviously suit many people as the range is still around and sells. But the D7's are far more lively and detailed - if anyone was listening to these and didn't know what they were, I doubt anyone would guess they are a Spendor design. Great sounding speakers which deserve to do very well for them.

Other than being bery popular, the £2-4k speaker market is quite a strong one at the moment, with hardly a duff design no matter which way you turn.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Heard the D7 last week, behind a Sudgen amp. Not played in (in fact my dealer just unwrapped them). So we sat down. And they sounded amazing. Really amazing. And combined with their 'dark spendor' finish they look stunning too :)

Only one problem for me: their prize ;-)

magicrabbit

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I recently listen to the Spendor A6R and D7 in Scotland, with a Naim amp and M2Tech Young DAC.

Both are absolutely stunning speakers.

Superb and elegant sound. I really do love Spendor.

The D7 are rather expensive.

respe

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I thought the A6r was a speaker that you could live with for a long time, the D7 has more instant showroom appeal, not so sure about long term.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts