admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So I've only gone and blown 1 of my monitor audio s6 speakers.....I got them as part of a package from seven oaks a few years ago now with my roksan kandy mk3 cd & amplifier.

To be honest I love the speakers,I've given them some proper hammer over the years and theyv'e took it well,now I'm no test critic or claim that these speakers are the best ...but they really are excellent all-rounders,they can be delicate when playing something like jose gonzales 'heartbeats' but also smash yer face in with some hard punchy dance music.

I really cant afford any more speakers so I'm toying with the idea of replacing the parts on the S6's or upgrading,i'm just putting the feelers out to see if anyone can recommend another set of floorstanders (black) that can punch like a heavyweight boxer,but also deliver sweet mids/trebles as well.....??

I would consider another set of monitor audios RS6/RX6 etc but that price range is my absolute tops

I'd appreciate a few ideas

thaks

A

Anonymous

I always go for B&W as they sound great have never let me down. I once bought Kef Coda speakers and they were'nt much good and they blew after a few weeks.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I dunno if Focal's home speakers can take the same level of battering their car speakers do.

In my car, I converted to Focal after destroying umpteen Infinity speakers. Never had a problem again.

MKultra:

So I've only gone and blown 1 of my monitor audio s6 speakers.....I got them as part of a package from seven oaks a few years ago now with my roksan kandy mk3 cd & amplifier.

To be honest I love the speakers,I've given them some proper hammer over the years and theyv'e took it well,now I'm no test critic or claim that these speakers are the best ...but they really are excellent all-rounders,they can be delicate when playing something like jose gonzales 'heartbeats' but also smash yer face in with some hard punchy dance music.

I really cant afford any more speakers so I'm toying with the idea of replacing the parts on the S6's or upgrading,i'm just putting the feelers out to see if anyone can recommend another set of floorstanders (black) that can punch like a heavyweight boxer,but also deliver sweet mids/trebles as well.....??

I would consider another set of monitor audios RS6/RX6 etc but that price range is my absolute tops

I'd appreciate a few ideas

thaks

Monitor Audio won't probably have the parts for the older S6, so unless you can find them on one of the auction sites then look at these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONITOR-AUDIO-RS6-FLOORSTANDING-SPEAKERS-MINT-CON-BOXED-/190494584341?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item2c5a5cae15

BTW, what amplification do you have?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Within that price range (if you're considering alternatives), you could consider Wharfedale 10.7 or Mission 794. The latter aren't as well known in the press but are impressive all rounders and match nicely with Roksan.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
MKultra:So I've only gone and blown 1 of my monitor audio s6 speakers

When you say you've blown one of the speakers, is it not working at all, or is one one of the drive units working and not the other? I'd suggest you give Monitor Audio a call: it could just be a minor (and easily replaceable) component in the crossover that's failed if the speaker isn't working at all, or the company may have stocks of spare drivers for these speakers.

Contact details are here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts