Speakers with personality

SatelliteMan

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,
I'm running an Audiolab 8200A with MA Silver 1. Is there a speaker that could rock out more with this amp? I think bigger might be the way to go, but I'm not sure. I'd like more warmth and seduction in the sound. What speakers would you use to bring out the best from Audiolab?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
MA Bronze 5 or 6 are more likely to give that.

I did think the previous B5 was rather good and fun too. The new version will likely have improved on that. Well made too compared to similar priced speakers and to be honest, I preferred it at the time over the silver floorstander as far as sound was concerned.

SatelliteMan said:
Hi All, I'm running an Audiolab 8200A with MA Silver 1. Is there a speaker that could rock out more with this amp? I think bigger might be the way to go, but I'm not sure. I'd like more warmth and seduction in the sound. What speakers would you use to bring out the best from Audiolab?

What's the budget?

insider9

drummerman said:
MA Bronze 5 or 6 are more likely to give that.

I did think the previous B5 was rather good and fun too. The new version will likely have improved on that. Well made too compared to similar priced speakers and to be honest, I preferred it at the time over the silver floorstander as far as sound was concerned.
I had a pair of MA BX5 and for all their qualities I wouldn't describe the as being able to rock out. Great speakers for the money though.

To me they had a rather restrained and very controlled nature. Not listened to Bronze 5s just 2s and they were similar.

For me they did really well with jazz but rock/metal not so much. Lovely detail in the treble from metal dome tweeters. Also I wouldn't call them warmer than the silver range.

Can't comment on Audiolab pairing.

SatelliteMan

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I'm thinking in the region of £500-1000. I sometimes wonder about finding an old pair of Tannoys with the 10 or 12 inch dual-concentrics, for a bit more spend. Any thoughts on how these stack up against modern speakers?

SatelliteMan

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I'm thinking in the region of £500-1000. I sometimes wonder about finding an old pair of Tannoys with the 10 or 12 inch dual-concentrics, for a bit more spend. Any thoughts on how these stack up against modern speakers?

SatelliteMan

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

SatelliteMan

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

SatelliteMan

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
SatelliteMan said:

With those large drivers you could do a lot worse.
Not sure about added colour though

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts