Speakers which sound good at all volumes

Sliced Bread

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here heard or owned any speakers that sound good at all volume levels?

In all my time in this dirty hobby of ours, I don’t think I’ve ever owned a pair of speakers that can both hold it together at very high volumes AND sound good while playing softly late at night.

ast2312

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have searched for the same and failed a few times (becomes and expensive past time!).

I use to have PMC and really struggled to get the best of them.

I did however test a pair of Elac Debut 5.2 in a very small room recently and was blown away by the performance at all volumes. They were especially good at low volumes but I was only about 2 meters away.

For the price I don’t think you can get better but then again everyone hears some different so it is taste dependant.

Hope this helps.

ast2312

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi again, just seen the first reply by Al ears which mentions the amp. Thought it may be useful to add that the amp I had on the Elac Debut 5.2 was 80 watts.

D

Deleted member 108165

I used to be very sceptical regarding amps and thought that power didn't actually mean much in the great scheme of things... I was wrong, power in reserve delivers a lot of speaker control and performance at all volumes. I now listen at a lesser volume than I did before.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts