Speakers were nearly destroyed

Earlier today took the grilles off, which I occasionally do, went out to the kitchen and heard some scratching from the living room. The cat has a habit of scratching the furniture, even though she has a scratchy post.

When I walked back in I was horrified to find the cat scratching the speaker - my heart skipped a beat. After giving the cat a good telling off I thoroughly checked the bass/midrange driver and it looks and sounds fine. But for a split second....

Anyone else who's had pet close shaves with their Hi-FIs?

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Earlier today took the grilles off, which I occasionally do, went out to the kitchen and heard some scratching from the living room. The cat has a habit of scratching the furniture, even though she has a scratchy post.

When I walked back in I was horrified to find the cat scratching the speaker - my heart skipped a beat. After giving the cat a good telling off I thoroughly checked the bass/midrange driver and it looks and sounds fine. But for a split second....

You will see tears in the cones. Our cat scratches the carpet to draw our attention. We have a new leather suite which make us always supervise the cats passage past the chairs and sofa. After a month no damage so hope it continues. Our cat watches TV sometimes and made a lunge for the screen.

Reactions: plastic penguin
You will see tears in the cones. Our cat scratches the carpet to draw our attention. We have a new leather suite which make us always supervise the cats passage past the chairs and sofa. After a month no damage so hope it continues. Our cat watches TV sometimes and made a lunge for the screen.
Think the cat was slightly put off by the vibrating drivers. It puzzled her.

D

Deleted member 195594

All my downstairs doors are off at the moment, so I've had to buy a baby gate to deter my 3 dogs. They're no problem, they sensed really quickly that they don't go in this room, as they never have since I repurposed it about 15 months ago for HiFi.....but the cat, he doesn't follow rules 🙀.

I've caught him a couple of times in there eyeing my speakers and stands; I did have to shout at him once or twice, now he just sits at the gate, and walks off in disgust when I clock him and use "the tone" of voice. Fair play, he hasn't even attempted to go in there again. I've put one of his scratch posts outside the room to placate/dissuade him 🙄😊

All my downstairs doors are off at the moment, so I've had to buy a baby gate to deter my 3 dogs. They're no problem, they sensed really quickly that they don't go in this room, as they never have since I repurposed it about 15 months ago for HiFi.....but the cat, he doesn't follow rules 🙀.

I've caught him a couple of times in there eyeing my speakers and stands; I did have to shout at him once or twice, now he just sits at the gate, and walks off in disgust when I clock him and use "the tone" of voice. Fair play, he hasn't even attempted to go in there again. I've put one of his scratch posts outside the room to placate/dissuade him 🙄😊
Just be careful. We all love our pets but they can wreck your system.

Terry Webb

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site

Were you, by any chance, playing Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts