Speakers under £2k for room 3.12m x 3.35m, 15cm from corners

rmatthew

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Now I am the proud owner of a new Abrahamsen v2.0UP amp I feel that speakers are the next upgrade on the list ( I currently have a set of Mission 753 Freedom's ).

I'm a bit short of space. My room is 3.12m x 3.35m and the speakers need to go in the corners of the 3.12m wall not more than 15cm from the walls. My preference would be dark rosewood floor standers but I'm open to suggestions. I listen to a wide range from music from dance to Einaudi, like to hear the bass but doesn't need to be thumping.

Any suggestions? Budget is up to about £2k.

Thanks.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Spendor D1
ATC 7 or 11
GamuT Phi 3 Mk2

(Sorry, I see you are looking for Floorstanders...which might be a bit much in the corners of a small room)

You might find floor standers will give you a lot of trouble in the corner of a small room.I reckon standmounts are the way to go.the pmc twenty 21's that I own are very good and aren't to fussy about positioning.A pair of them on there dedicated stands with some decent cable should leave you with a bit of change out of 2k.I'm sure the Abrahamsen will control them beautifully.

I have my own focal speakers quite close to the wall, they are forward and downward firing ports, so bass is not overblown by being too close to the walls.

My own are the Focal Chorus 826v.

But you can get bigger/smaller alternatives that are all very good indeed.

the newer Aria model is a little more expensive, but have received very good reviews.

Put them both on your demo list.

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
A bit of a left field suggestion but you should consider a pair of NVA Cube 1 or Cube 2. No idea how they sound with your amp but you get 30 days to decide if they do what you want.

Burnsie

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the Abrahamsen V2 UP and ended up going for Harbeth Monitor 30.1, i know its above your price range(it was with me too) but after auditioning a lot of different speakers the Harbeths were worth the saving up for.

Make yourself a shortlist and go and have a listen but don't rush into it and see if you can get a home demo. Your ears will tell you what is right for you.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
You might find floor standers will give you a lot of trouble in the corner of a small room.I reckon standmounts are the way to go.the pmc twenty 21's that I own are very good and aren't to fussy about positioning.A pair of them on there dedicated stands with some decent cable should leave you with a bit of change out of 2k.I'm sure the Abrahamsen will control them beautifully.

+1

The 753's may look like they go lower than a spineless limbo dancer but they actually do not. I would have said the PMC 21's, or at a push the 23's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts