Speakers to match Cambridge 540R V3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As per my last post. I'm now looking into getting an AV Amp as I'll be listening to my music as mp3 through an Airport Express. I've been looking at the Cambridge 540R and would like to know what speakers would be a good match for them. Alternatively which other amps/speakers would be good competition for the 540?

I'm also still looking at going with an integrated amp/speaker combo and adding a DAC seperately.

Keith

matthewpiano

Presumably you're now looking at an AV amp because of the built-in DAC, rather than because you are looking at using it for surround sound duties. If this is the case, DON'T. Buy a good quality integrated amp and add a Beresford DAC instead. The DAC will only cost you about £100 and, combined with a NAD C325BEE and a pair of Mordaunt-Short MS902i or (if you like them) the Monitor Audio BR2s (which I don't like but many people do) will give you a system which leaves the 540R for dead for music replay (decent home cinema amp though it is).

A

Anonymous

try the new s30 s70 s50 line up from Cambridge audio. just go and demo loads of them and make your own mind up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts