Speakers to accompany Yamaha RX-V1067

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I have just purchased the above AV receiver due to the large price drop from £850 to £550. Its probably more than I need as I was budgeting around £500, but the reviews say its pretty good so I'll look forward to playing with it when it turns up. Just after some advice on which speakers to purchase. Budget is £800- £1,000 and the wife needs to approve them as well! I have SKY HD plus PS3 for blu ray and I primarily watch movies, but do listen to music to some extent as well. The wife likes the look of the KEF KHT3005SE and is pushing me towards these. I understand the sub that comes with it isn't the greatest within the price range, but I don't think I have a very critical ear so I'm not sure I'd notice any difference. Also looking to purchase a seperate pair of speakers for the dinning room to play music when having dinner etc. Not sure on budget for these, but would guess around the £300 mark. I take it I can run these additional speakers from the Yamaha. I'm a novice with surround sound to be honest so I'm easily pursuaded. Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks folks

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Short answer is to buy ythe very best you can afford, and push your budget, you've got a good avr there, don't spoil it with lesser speakers.

Might be better to spend £1000 on just the surround peakers (all five) and leave the sub til a little later, or spen a little more.

What is it you want, style speakers or full set with floor standers/centre/surrounds?

Have you auditoned any at all, loads of Yamaha users on here so I am sure loads of advice will come, personally I started off with Missions (12 years ago0 moved to KEF and have just upgraded with more KEFs, they do seem well suited to Yamaha.

A

Anonymous

Style speakers are on the agenda at present hence the interest in kef. Wife won't tolerate floor standing ones. Was hoping to get the speakers and sub for a grand with 300 left for a pair of speakers for the dining room

A

Anonymous

Style speakers is top of the agenda at present hence the interest in kef. Wife won't tolerate floor standing ones . was hoping to get speakers and sub for a grand with three hundred left over for a pair in the dining room

A

Anonymous

Style speakers is top of the agenda at present hence the interest in kef. Wife won't tolerate floor standing ones . was hoping to get speakers and sub for a grand with three hundred left over for a pair in the dining room

Horgan said:
Hi I have just purchased the above AV receiver due to the large price drop from £850 to £550. Its probably more than I need as I was budgeting around £500, but the reviews say its pretty good so I'll look forward to playing with it when it turns up. Just after some advice on which speakers to purchase. Budget is £800- £1,000 and the wife needs to approve them as well! I have SKY HD plus PS3 for blu ray and I primarily watch movies, but do listen to music to some extent as well. The wife likes the look of the KEF KHT3005SE and is pushing me towards these. I understand the sub that comes with it isn't the greatest within the price range, but I don't think I have a very critical ear so I'm not sure I'd notice any difference. Also looking to purchase a seperate pair of speakers for the dinning room to play music when having dinner etc. Not sure on budget for these, but would guess around the £300 mark. I take it I can run these additional speakers from the Yamaha. I'm a novice with surround sound to be honest so I'm easily pursuaded. Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks folks

Hi Horgan

Monitor Audio's Radius HD Series of speakers are also worth a look as they work very well with the RX-V1067.

1 pair R90HD or 1 pair R45HD (front), 1 R225HD or R180HD (centre), 1 pair R45HD (rear) and 1 R360HD (sub)

For the dining room 1 pair R90HD or 1 pair R45HD (using Zone 2 output on the RX-V1067).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Definitely MA. Sound great with my 667, and will be used with a 3067 from this week on. Depending on your style choice there's a MA speaker out there. I love the now discontinued RS speakers (plenty out there). I have a pair of R90HD as rears and agree they are quality speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts