Speakers sounding not quite clear

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a pair of Quad 21l speakers hooked up to my denon avr2803 amp,and sometimes they sound a little distorted like the speakers have blown.

hooked up through sky+ as well,i have set up the Denon correctly or at least i think i have.

I have had the Denon amp for around 5 years now-it can be a little annoying as you can all imagine.

All connected via digital toslink cable.

please help

A

Anonymous

chefsmusic:
Hi,

I have a pair of Quad 21l speakers hooked up to my denon avr2803 amp,and sometimes they sound a little distorted like the speakers have blown.

hooked up through sky+ as well,i have set up the Denon correctly or at least i think i have.

I have had the Denon amp for around 5 years now-it can be a little annoying as you can all imagine.

All connected via digital toslink cable.

please help

I hate hifi faults, I going insane trying to diagnose a left balance at the mo!

With the equipment turned off, if you gently push the main driver through it's movement range can you feel a grinding or roughness? If so you might have damaged/melted the voice coils.

Have you tried a number of different sources? Ideally try an external source like a CDP and put it through some different inputs.

Have you got the speakers wired in phase? Double check all of the connections (amp and speakers ends) to ensure that all reds go to red and blacks to black. Out of phase speakers can sound very odd but perhaps not 'blown'.

This is just common sense stuff and you may have tried it. In these situations it can be really helpful to have a friend who can let you borrow an amp to try.

A

Anonymous

hi fi tweaks i agree they drive you mad but if you can get them right then you can reap the benefits!

i think its mainly on the surround set up through the tv.

I have a cyrus cd player and kenwood record deck and sounds perfect and in stereo radio channels and music sounds fine through the tv.

I am thinking that i just need to tweak the surround set up manually to get it to what i need.

At present the Quad speakers are not bi-wired as i am testing to see if the sound quality is any better or worse.

the quads sound so good i have had them for 6 months so i think they have warmed up nicely

TRENDING THREADS