Speakers recommendation

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Hello. I used to listen my B&W 601 S3 speakers from a Marantz CD5001 and a 15 yars old Yamaha AV amplifier. Few days ago, I have got as a present the Rotel A11 Tribute, So, I am thinking if it is worth upgrading my speakers. I would like a natural sound speaker, with good clarity and good mids. My current room is about 30-35 sqm, and I like jazz, blues, soundtracks, vocals and some electronic (Depeche, Massive Attack) . I listen at mid volumes, not very loud. I am interesting in both bookshelves or floorstands. The only speekers I have heard are the Focal Aria 906 and Elac DFR52 Reference. I have listen at both only for a couple of minutes, but both seemed very good. Do anybody has any other suggestions ?
Thank you.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
It's hard to call without hearing yourself but a 35m sq room will in my experience be better soundstage wise with a floorstander (unless you really go up the ladder on price with standmounter). I love q acoustics, I'd say try get a listen off the 3050i's, and by all accounts the Dali Oberon 5 are super

D

Deleted member 116933

Think your going to find it hard to better those 601s these days for a sensible price. They were really the last of the old way of thinking ie BIG box designs.

I think I’d look second hand and be patient and wait for some 603 s2 to pop up in good condition. Don’t be afraid of vintage/second hand especially from hi fi shops.

But with rotel I actually had good experiences with kef. Maybe start there if you feel you want to change 601s out.

rainsoothe

I love both the Focal Aria 906 and the Dali Oberon 5 - don't know if they can be enough for a room that size, though (the Dali might be), but if you're used with the 601, they'll both sound much bigger. Wharfedale Linton are also worth serious consideration.

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Lintons are not available in Greece at this time.... I liked the Aria 906, so what do you think about the Chora 826 or the Oberon 7...??? Have you any idea about the Elacs DFR52 or the Carinas...??? I prefer better mids, better vocals and natural instruments than having better bass.... Thank you for your help.

rainsoothe

Lintons are not available in Greece at this time.... I liked the Aria 906, so what do you think about the Chora 826 or the Oberon 7...??? Have you any idea about the Elacs DFR52 or the Carinas...??? I prefer better mids, better vocals and natural instruments than having better bass.... Thank you for your help.
You really have to audition. Imo the Arias are really well balanced, don't know about Chora. On the Oberon 7, again, you have to audition. If they're anything like the older Zensor 7, their bass might be a bit loose, not punchy enough, but only you can tell. Try them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts