Speakers of the samsung JS8500

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
after first hearing music on the tv speakers i am quite shocked. they have quite a lot of bass, can go loud and don't sound bad. way better than my old sony w905. are these the best tv speakers you can get without a tv using proper speakers like the sony x93 or the lg with their sound bar's on some tv's? although they are said to be 4.2 which doesn't make sense. 3.2 would seem more logical.

Paul.

nugget2014 said:
although they are said to be 4.2 which doesn't make sense. 3.2 would seem more logical.

marketing speak being naughty. When they say 4.2, they do not mean four discrete channels they mean four drivers (more than likely in a stereo pair). It would be like me claiming my 5.1 system is actually 13.1 :)

The depth of Samsung JS8500 is more than Sony W905, hence has got more space for air to shift. I thought the 2015 Sonys with those massive speakers on the side should be better, although I haven't compared.

The best sound from TV will be Bose and Beovision Avant which are significantly more expensive.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Paul. said:
nugget2014 said:
although they are said to be 4.2 which doesn't make sense. 3.2 would seem more logical.

marketing speak being naughty. When they say 4.2, they do not mean four discrete channels they mean four drivers (more than likely in a stereo pair). It would be like me claiming my 5.1 system is actually 13.1 :)

ahh yes 4 drivers makes sense.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts